Any problems installing 200 series tire??

FLY-N-PUMPKIN

Registered
I want to try and put a 200 series tire on my Busa. I plan on going with the swingarm extentions. Will it go on with no problems or do you have to shim or modify anything?

I ran a 200 series tire for about 2 years (my bike just came that way) before I actually read the owners manual and realized that the 190 was the original size.
laugh.gif

I bought two 200 Shinko's, one for me and one for a buddy. Had them mounted and balanced at our local Suzuki dealer. His rubbed tha chain slightly, mine did not.

I bought two 200 Shinko's, one for me and one for a buddy. Had them mounted and balanced at our local Suzuki dealer. His rubbed tha chain slightly, mine did not. [/Quote]

Thats odd.......

A 200 with a zzz or zvx will rub. The chain is a few MM wider than the stock chain.

(FLY-N-PUMPKIN @ Sep. 21 2006,01:22) I bought two 200 Shinko's, one for me and one for a buddy. Had them mounted and balanced at our local Suzuki dealer. His rubbed tha chain slightly, mine did not.

Thats odd.......[/Quote]
One could be out of allignment.

The bike will handle better with a 190, though it's not much of a difference, so you might not notice (and this applies more when you put on wider fronts).

When you put on a tire that's wider than the rim is meant for, it tends to bulge in the middle, making the tire's cross-section more oval than round.

When you are riding straight, the bike is on top of this oval, and when you turn, the bike comes down off of it... this makes the handling feel heavy.... it'll also wear in the center faster because of the bulge.

Back