does any one here run 190/60 series tires

gcal

Registered
i have a friend who is going to sell me some 190 60 series tire for the busa a dontloop (dunlop) 208 gp ( 4 laps on them at the track with a zx 10, 04). do you think i should give it a try?
did you like yours?
i have 208 gp 180 55 now and they slip ever were when i gun it. i have to be real smooth in the corners or else they slip. thats why i want new tires.

FWIW I dont know about the sizing, I wouldn't recommend it... but I hate Dunslops with a passion. HATED my 208s. spun ALL the time, NEVER heated up for me, SUCKED BAD, ZERO TRACTION, I'll NEVER get them again, wasted money....... for ME anyway. But send me an email and I'll tell ya how I REALLY feel. My Diablos never let go even in 30 degree dead of winter riding.

I like my new Metzler M1s as well, they grab like crazy and I've gotten them way farther over than I ever got my 208s. My M1's are farther over now from around town riding than my 208s were after the gap.
wow.gif
cool.gif

well i put them on today and putted around for awhile. they seem fine so far. due to the rear being a 190 60 the rear is raised up alittle higher then normal and the chain had to be adjusted alittle further out to make it fit right.
well see how it works out after a few weeks.
i woul;d buy the spendy m1's but im to broke so i got these for 100 and a friend installed the new tires for free (i helped).
for 100 that aint a bad deal for these tires, i dont think.....
ill post an update some time later

I liked the 208's better than the slipstones,

but,

I like the M1's better thatn the 208.

Shouldn't have to adjust the chain acording to the tire size, only if you change sprocket size, or the chain itself.

i like the bridgestone bt014's grip well and seem to be wearing well with about 1200 miles on them still looks brand new ... and i dont ride easy on them.

but,

Shouldn't have to adjust the chain acording to the tire size, only if you change sprocket size, or the chain itself.
race tires expand more then normal tires. i adjusted the chain so when im doing 180 (speedo indacated so i dont really know) the tire has room to expand and doest rub any thing.
could of did it with out adjusting the chaion but i felt safer then burninh a tire down the straights

but,

race tires expand more then normal tires. i adjusted the chain so when im doing 180 (speedo indacated so i dont really know) the tire has room to expand and doest rub any thing.
could of did it with out adjusting the chaion but i felt safer then burninh a tire down the straights
I'm missing something here....the tire may grow but the sprocket and axle location should remain a constant....can you 'splain what adjustment you make to keep the tire from rubbing?

but,

Sprockets and chain have not changed then adjustment don't!
face7.gif

first off as i read my past post i see that my spelling and typing have taken a turn for the worse. i need to proof read.
any way i was told the tire will expand so he set my whell back a notch to make sure i have room when it expands and doesnt rub any thing.
what can it rub? i dont know im no mec. but thats just what i was told.

Is this for the track or the street?

I run 190/55 on both my bikes and I like it alot. I wouldn't hesitate to try a 190/60 probably has a really nice contact patch once it's laid over.

Back