any guitar players?

I can pick a couple of notes, but that is about it!! I tried to learn to play the National Anthem (Hendrix) style, but that is about all I could ever half way play (song wise). Would love to learn more, but don't have the money for lessons or anyone local to teach me.

My little studio is taking shape! I love the line 6 pod too!
When did you get the POD?
rock.gif

I would sell it, but ot be honest, by the time I list it, deal wiht tire kickers, and the promise of getting it. It is just easier to give it away.. Kind of down sizing a bit beofre we move later this year so I have more garage space...

I love the Mexica strat,, I had a American Strat that I traded on the PRS. I did not play it but maybe once a month once I got the Mec Start.. For some reason it just "feels" better to me. Of course I had the guy at the shop set it up and trim the frets a little..
Yep, there are about a billion different strat models out there, they can be very different one to another. My Light Ash Strat isnt well suited for what I play(Rush, Iron Maiden, VanHalen, Ozzy, etc.)At one point thought seriously about buying a used "Iron Maiden" special edition strat.

A rich buddy of mine who collected high dollar Les Pauls, talked me into buying a Les Paul Classic (lower to middle priced, as far as Les Pauls go). I have never thought of picking up another guitar since that purchase(that guitar will scream!(easiest guitar to get pinch harmonics off I have ever played, off course the hot pickups help too.
egitarre77.gif
).

I guess the Les Paul is just my thing. Lots of nice guitars out there, what do you think of the PRS?, I have heard nothing but good about them.
I have been playing strats for years. I bought a Les Paul a few years ago and I loved the sound, but I couldn't keep it in tune. I have 10+ guitars now, but I find I almost always play my American Deluxe Fat strat. It can sound as mellow as can be, shread, or get sustain almost as nice as a PRS. The Line 6 and the Fat strat are perfect for me since I play all different kinds of music.
Cool, a friend of a friend had a nice Gibson SG that wouldnt stay in tune. Sent it back to Gibson and still could'nt get it right. I'm a big Gibson fan, I guess everyone has a lemon get throught once in a while. Too bad. Sounds like you have a nice setup
thumb_up.gif

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
GSXcite @ Apr. 04 2008 said:
1365700[/ATTACH] PM]
I love the Mexica strat,, I had a American Strat that I traded on the PRS. I did not play it but maybe once a month once I got the Mec Start.. For some reason it just "feels" better to me. Of course I had the guy at the shop set it up and trim the frets a little..
Yep, there are about a billion different strat models out there, they can be very different one to another. My Light Ash Strat isnt well suited for what I play(Rush, Iron Maiden, VanHalen, Ozzy, etc.)At one point thought seriously about buying a used "Iron Maiden" special edition strat.

A rich buddy of mine who collected high dollar Les Pauls, talked me into buying a Les Paul Classic (lower to middle priced, as far as Les Pauls go). I have never thought of picking up another guitar since that purchase(that guitar will scream!(easiest guitar to get pinch harmonics off I have ever played, off course the hot pickups help too.
egitarre77.gif
).

I guess the Les Paul is just my thing. Lots of nice guitars out there, what do you think of the PRS?, I have heard nothing but good about them.
I have been playing strats for years. I bought a Les Paul a few years ago and I loved the sound, but I couldn't keep it in tune. I have 10+ guitars now, but I find I almost always play my American Deluxe Fat strat. It can sound as mellow as can be, shread, or get sustain almost as nice as a PRS. The Line 6 and the Fat strat are perfect for me since I play all different kinds of music.
Cool, a friend of a friend had a nice Gibson SG that wouldnt stay in tune. Sent it back to Gibson and still could'nt get it right. I'm a big Gibson fan, I guess everyone has a lemon get throught once in a while. Too bad. Sounds like you have a nice setup
thumb_up.gif
I loved that Gibson. It was the Cherry Heritage sunburst with the same pickups as the Les Paul pictured. I think one of the problems was that the fret height was a little taller than the fender I was so used to playing, and I could not get used to pushing down on the string with less pressure. I think I stretched the strings while playing. I can't stand a guitar that will not stay in tune. I can put my fat strat in the case and take it out a month later and it is still in tune.

zzwhip.gif

Back