Any advice would be great

petepete

Registered
Hi all, i have just bought one of these missiles after riding a ZZr1100 around for a few years and wow what a difference.
it has a aftermarket 4into1 titanium akrapovic exhaust fitted, and i have noticed a small build up of black soot inside the outlet. there is no power commander fitted so im not to sure if its running rich or lean has anyone any ideas/solution can these be remapped ?​

2012-05-19-094.jpg

hello and welcome to the Org, where are you located? im sure that a pc3 and map would help but if you can find a tuner around where you live i would suggest one.

Welcome, and def see if you can find someone to tune it. They may be able to use the stock ecu to make it run better for ya.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: Sounds like it's running rich and these bikes do. Check your plugs and air filter. :poke:

:welcome: to the ORG.

Yes, it can be mapped, flashed, pc'ed, tuned, and made as fast as you can afford. :thumbs:

check out our sponsors sites. they have more goodies than you could ever afford.

All the exhaust has to come through ONE pipe/outlet instead of two.
So "small build up of black" sounds pretty normal.

How many miles on the bike? How many since the exhaust was installed?

How does it run? If OK I wouldn't worry about it.

Like the others have said check the spark plugs, do they look wet? Clean or replace the air filter.

Be safe and enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

Back