ANTI-TERRORISM - TIP OF THE WEEK

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
ANTI-TERRORISM
TIP OF THE WEEK

Suspicious Packages/Letters

During the month of September, a string of suspicious letters originating from a maximum-security prison in Nevada targeted at least 16 different state governors. The letters, which did not give prison authorities or governor staff any indication they were unusual or suspicious, contained a single match which was rigged to ignite when the letter was open. To date, no injuries or damage have been reported and investigators are now questioning inmates at the prison from which the letters originated.

This series of events brings to light the possibility and probability of suspicious packages and letters that may be utilized to inflict death, injury, and property damage. History has proven that explosive devices and/or chemical agents delivered by mail have become almost the preferred choice of those wishing to inflict harm and fear. From the tactics of the Unabomber to the anthrax attacks of late 2001, the use of letters and packages to deliver explosives and chemical agents is becoming increasingly common with no apparent signs of these tactics subsiding.

As such, there are steps personnel can take to safely identify and isolate suspicious packages and letters. If you receive a suspicious package or letter, the following steps should be adhered to:

1) Handle all packages with care. Do not bump or shake the package/letter.
2) As soon as the package/letter becomes suspicious, isolate it immediately! Leave the package/letter where it stands and allow no other personnel to handle it.
3) Evacuate all personnel from the area. If a hazardous agent (anthrax) is suspected, immediately shut down all A/C units and ventilation units. Close all doors and windows in the area as you evacuate the area.
4) Contact the local law enforcement authorities (military police).

Please be prepared to give all information concerning the package/letter to the local authorities may request so they can best identify and neutralize the possible threat.

The best procedures to follow when handling packages or letters is to handle them with care at all times and always be alert to anything unusual or out of the ordinary. If you believe a package or letter is suspicious, treat it as such. Never assume a package/letter is safe. When in doubt, ask!

Funny thing is that if you live in the country, like I do, and report a suspicious package, the local guys stroll up and open the damn box up after just doing a little "walk-around"...I've seen it...
laugh.gif
 Thank goodness it wasn't a bomb!

Oh, and not to completely divert attention from thrasher's PSA, but if you can get your hands on some of the items on THIS SITE, you might be able to counter attack should something go terribly wrong...
tounge.gif

I was a UPS driver for years, one of my favorite jobs ever.....kind of puts a different light on that deal. I know I probably delivered many pounds of weed but that hepled the economy by bolstering the junk/fast food industry...this new threat would make me think twice about every package I had on my truck......bummer!

This one's for lazer...so he can get some deals on more weaponry...
tounge.gif
Ummm, to protect himself in times of terrorism...

Lazer's One-Stop Shopping

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "keeping with the whole terrorism thread...yeah, that's it..."|1097607735 -->

Dang Michelle!! you are hijacking and turning my Antii-Terrorsim thread into a one stop shop for terrorists!!!!

BRAT!!!! BRAT BRAT BRAT!!! and further more
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Dang Michelle!! you are hijacking and turning my Antii-Terrorsim thread into a one stop shop for terrorists!!!!

BRAT!!!! BRAT BRAT BRAT!!!  and further more  
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
No, no, no...you're misconstruing my intentions here thrasher...you offer up a well-thought out PSA. I offer up some tools to fight terrorism with some hefty terrorism...what's wrong with self defense?!

Terrorism, not just for the bad guys...
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
No, no, no...you're misconstruing my intentions here thrasher...you offer up a well-thought out PSA.  I offer up some tools to fight terrorism with some hefty terrorism...what's wrong with self defense?!  

tounge.gif
Ahhhh little grasshopper.. with knowledge comes power and with power comes corruption.

When one becomes corrupted due to the power they wield, the transition from good to evil is an easy one.. the barriers between dark and light become blurred. and the things that once seemed right now seem wrong and the things that once seemed wrong now seem right.

The darkness the envelopes you once you have crossed to the dark side distorts the child hood innocence of right and wrong and you are left with the adult arrogance of a perception of right and wrong..

Do you arm an entire population to protect against the minority where crimes of passion can be manifested? Or do you try and disarm the minority of evil and try to protect the majority from themselves who are unable to control their passion?

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
No, no, no...you're misconstruing my intentions here thrasher...you offer up a well-thought out PSA.  I offer up some tools to fight terrorism with some hefty terrorism...what's wrong with self defense?!  

tounge.gif
Ahhhh little grasshopper.. with knowledge comes power and with power comes corruption.

When one becomes corrupted due to the power they wield, the transition from good to evil is an easy one.. the barriers between dark and light become blurred. and the things that once seemed right now seem wrong and the things that once seemed wrong now seem right.

The darkness the envelopes you once you have crossed to the dark side distorts the child hood innocence of right and wrong and you are left with the adult arrogance of a perception of right and wrong..

Do you arm an entire population to protect against the minority where crimes of passion can be manifested? Or do you try and disarm the minority of evil and try to protect the majority from themselves who are unable to control their passion?
Passion?

Passion?

I like Angelina Jolee!

She has enormous lips!

AJ for President!

Angelina_for_President.jpg

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Back