Anti-Muslim film results in death of American Ambassador

Saiid, maybe I'm not quite understanding you, but it sounds like you're saying we, the Americans, "had it coming" for this film. Who cares where the film-maker is from, or even where the film was made... It sounds like you're saying that we have a duty to abridge our First Amendment rights in order to prevent hurt feelings in other countries thousands of miles away, and if we fail to do so, then it's okay for others to kill us in return. We should have known better, right? Do hurt feelings justify murder?

Is that what you're saying?

Unless your name is Hatfield or McCoy Hurt feelings never justify murder. I'm in a way saying that to allow folks like this guy to make films like this with basically only one result is bringing it upon us. Why allow him or anyone from any race or religion to make a film in our country that will only result in more hatred toward us? That I don't understand. First amendment freedom of speech and all that he's entitled to but it still doesn't seem right to allow it. Truth be told and funny thing is that if he was in another country making movies bringing anger toward us a predator drone probably would have taken him out :laugh:

Unless your name is Hatfield or McCoy Hurt feelings never justify murder. I'm in a way saying that to allow folks like this guy to make films like this with basically only one result is bringing it upon us. Why allow him or anyone from any race or religion to make a film in our country that will only result in more hatred toward us? That I don't understand. First amendment freedom of speech and all that he's entitled to but it still doesn't seem right to allow it. Truth be told and funny thing is that if he was in another country making movies bringing anger toward us a predator drone probably would have taken him out :laugh:

i kinda think anything we say or do makes the people in those countries mad, let alone a movie

Truth be told and funny thing is that if he was in another country making movies bringing anger toward us a predator drone probably would have taken him out :laugh:

That same thing just happened in Oak Creek WI the other week.. Only it was branded as a random hate shooting spree..

The pros of the First Amendment greatly outweigh the cons. Once we make an exception and prevent someone from making a film like this, we'll be on a slippery slope to regulating all kinds of things on the basis that another person or group may be offended by it. In the end, we'll have the government giving us a short list of things we are allowed to do, rather than a short list of things we're not allowed to do.

No thanks.

An interesting problem it is indeed. It seems to me that if the radical people who are using this film to stoke the fires of hatred in other parts of the world wanted, they could manufacture it or something like it themselves and say it came from us.

This goes back a ways, but I remember when OJ was found innocent and there were riots in LA. Up here in Seattle there was some trouble (not anywhere near the scale of the LA riots) and it was much smaller than the authorities expected. It turned out that most if not all the trouble caused up here was by people who would have been causing trouble anyway, they just used the OJ acquittal as an excuse. If this is the case with the middle east, we could be over here chanting "Mohammad is Great" and praying to Mecca 4 times a day and they would still find reasons to hate and attack us.

In fact, we could probably leave Israel to their own devices, and pull out all our armies and they would still hate us and seek our destruction.

None of this seems like a valid reason to sacrifice our personal liberties to Big Brother -- since doing that would likely not offer us any protection at all.

--Sky

Movies, Guns, Bats, Cars, Knives, nor anything else are killers. People kill people period!! Enough of blaming something else or someone else for radical behavior!!!!!!!!!!!

What was the quote made by one of the rioters? Something to the effect of "Your Freedom of Speech matches my Freedom of Action"? Which I translate to "Your Freedom of Speech is equal to my Freedom to Kick your azz for expressing it"? You know, there's an element of truth to that.

It was certainly in bad taste, but I'm tired of making excuses for these people. We may not like the crap that comes out of their mouth; we may not like them buring our flag and spitting on it, but we don't strap a bomb onto our babies and walk up to a stranger and pull the fuse...we don't climb the gates of THEIR embassy in NYC and tear down their stuff.

Makes me want to burn a Koran and play 'Whack a mole" when some nut jumps up and screams allah ackbar....If you want Freedom of Speech, you'd better be ready to back it up fists if need be.

The people in these countries obviously have no sense of restraint - Good target practice for our Marines, because scaling the wall automatically makes you an invader of US soil, and you are no longer an 'innocent'....plug a few, and we'll see if they get the message...

Whack a mole :rofl:

We should just close all the embassies. Board em up. You need something.....just call :laugh:

they are more than welcome to express themselves and thier dis like of us or things we do...its call fredom of speech... destruction of property... killing our people in sovern soil of an embassy, then you deserve to be shot... but earlyer i posted how some ambasadors choose NOT to arm thier "defensive" force and in my mind... thats like owning a bank and not haveing a alarm or locks.

Im not a religious man, i am a man of common sense. My common sense tells me (and im sure some would disagree) why haven't we wiped these countries of the map yet? Lets just piss off all of the middle eastern countries so that they head on over to iran to help them build nukes to kill us americans. Im sorry and this may be wrong of me but if comes down to us and them......I pick us to win....by all means necessary:firing:

Has anyone watched this movie? It's like a bad soap opera. More like a spoof movie than a serious documentary. No rational person would take this seriously. These people have been fighting long before the U.S. was established and will be fighting long after it falls. Having embassies in these countries, giving them taxpayer dollars in aid, and attempting to broker peace agreements like they are rational minded people is a complete waste of time and money. Deport any in the U.S., destroy their temples built here and treat them like the animals they are

The governments in those countries and the religious leaders are sooooo messed up, they HAVE to find someone else to pin the blame on, either the Jews or the West, take your pick...

The governments in those countries and the religious leaders are sooooo messed up, they HAVE to find someone else to pin the blame on, either the Jews or the West, take your pick...

Better be carefull -- It may be true, but we don't want someone over there repositing this in Arabic and then someone else who reads it attacking a Harley rider in retribution. :whistle:

Back