Another Superbyke post...the shock is done and...oh my!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I once said, "if you modify a part for increased performance, the "bling" takes care of itself". This completed Race Tech unit exemplifys that statement!

I truly wish all interested in this could hold this thing in their hands, photography doesn't reveal the smooth, shiney and precision surfaces, I just want to put the thing behind glass for display....but that would deny it the right to perform like I think it will perform, controling extreme handling on an extreme Hayabusa in extreme conditions.

I probably don't have to say this but the last pic is the stock configuration, the first 3 are what's going on the Superbyke.

For those of you following this, thanks for your interest! Doyle

IMG_0001 (7).jpg

IMG_0002 (7).jpg

IMG_0003 (7).jpg

IMG_0005 (5).jpg

Doyle,
That looks sexy as hell! Did you consider an aftermarket setup with remote adjuster at any point?

Doyle,
That looks sexy as hell! Did you consider an aftermarket setup with remote adjuster at any point?

I sure did and here's what I came up with....the high end ones I like are $1800 bucks. For the last 4 years I have had full Race Tech on my red "Haybus" Busa that has included hot day track use, full loaded touring and intense twisties riding. It was initially dialed in by a trackside suspension expert @ Thunderhill Raceway, I have NEVER touched the suspension nor had ONE riding glitch in all that hard use time. SO, with that experience in hand, and the ability to also do the surfaces in "show quality" colors and texture of my choice....it was a no brainer as to which path to take! BTW, one other reason...I have a lousy $600 bucks in this transformation! For me, there ain't $1200 difference to "upgrade" to an adjustable shock that I'll never adjust and that's the wrong colors anyway!

That's my shock philosophy. Doyle (same explanation with the full Race Tech forks vrs $3k Ohlins!)

Just for balance, I guess I should throw a few pics of the Race Tech forks up too! And speaking of balance...it's important to note how important that front/rear balance is, once on the motorcycle and working in concert with one another, if you're gonna do em, do em both! Doyle

IMG_0001 (4).jpg

IMG_0002 (4).jpg

IMG_0004 (4).jpg

Back