Another stupid weelie question...i know i know

OB_TJQ94

Registered
Sorry but I ve gotta ask...Ive been doing some serious practicing lately. Still set down too hard but Im workin on it. Where the hell is this balance point?????????? Im going pretty high but the damn thing wont quit rising! Does it stop going up when the balance point is reached or at least slow down? It seems after a certain point the front end just rockets skyward ( i assume from the air lifting it) Just wanna know how to find the balance point cause i fear im a few inches from heaven but too worried to go much higher. Yes I know your never as high as you think but Im past that point..Ive been taking a video camera out and its amazing how much Ive improved, one foot used to feel like four..lol and im getting real good air now but fear im just missing the balance point. Im addicted fellas....help me get that first great long ride!

Gixxer Ive watched it a few times already it is awesome...but i need answers to my questions. Does it stop rising?? Whats the secret???

No..... It doesnt stop raising. It all has to do with balance. I first learned on accident in my back yard when I was 12 i use to put the front end up & ride the heck outta 1 gear.1 day my foot accidentlly hit the shifter when I was in the air into second from then on its history. From what I've seen there are 2 kinds of balance for wheelies.Like mine I can ride now upto 3rd gear,but then your goinbg kinda fast so it starts getting technical. Then theres guys that "GOT it" naturally like Doug Demokos. Guy can ride any bike on the rear as far as he wants. **** I even seen him ride a 1200 Harley Sportster on a speedway bike track in circles on the rear the whole time. No one can teach you to ride wheelies its practice. Just ask me I got 5 Exabition of power tickets when I was younger.

LOL 1 more thing! Tell me when you can do it with 1 hand then well be even!You can let go while in the air! Tricky but excellent for pictures!

The hayabusa is one of the hardest bikes I've ridden for doing l-o-n-g wheelies. I had a 93 gsxr1100 that I could ride on the rear wheel forever but this bike seems tougher to me. Maybe I havent practiced enough yet. I still haven't had it up high enough to shift 2nd gear.

it ain't easy.....

Your right, its the hardest bike I've ever had to ride the long ones on.
But its the most rewarding once you get it.
I aint got it like Nick yet but I'm getting all of 3rd up to 130mph.
The key to the busa wheelies are SPEED, if you get into 4th and above your hauling some serious asss......even geared down like mine. Its such a big long bike you gotta keep the R's nice and high and she'll rocket forward on the rear.
One other thing, on bikes like the R1 body language can be used to guide the bike while up.
The busa just plows straight ahead.
Now if I could just get 4th.............

If you want to see real pros doing some long high speed wheelies (and many other zany stunts) on a Busa, Blackbird, R1, and ZX11, check out the video "Mach 2" from Fast Bikes magazine. Also, at the end of that tape, they run a trailer for one of their other videos called "How to Pull Wheelies and Influence People" or something like that. I found mine in the local bike dealer, but you can order straight from the source at Britain's "Fast Bikes" magazine by going to www.fastbikesmag.com. I've said it previously in another post, if you own a Busa, you must get a copy of the "Mach 2" video for the days that you can't ride. You will not be disappointed.

Also, the June issue of Performance Bikes magazine (also British) has an article on Wheelies. Next month is part 2 of the same.

can anyone get their busa up in second without clutchin it or "hoppin it"? i am just learning how to ride really long wheelies. i had a drag bike before so it wasnt really good at that stuff. i dont know if any one else hops their bike but at any speed a hop and dip of the clutch will get her up.even in second i can usually get it up pretty good just by hoppin it and pinnin the throttle. does anyone in here know anyone that does 150 mph wheelies? starting from 140 or so?? i know a few dudes. thats f----g insane!!!!!!!!

Hi James,

Good to see you are practicing still.
I can't thank you enough for your help and hope things are great for you in Tucson.
My bike got here but my insurance company has not seen it yet. I hope they at least contacted to you?
Have you been out on any more Arizona Rides? If you see the regulars tell them I say hello. I will soon have acces to make a copy of the CD I promissed you. Hope the stand is working out for you. Good luck on your wheelies and I hope you find the balance point, the point at which the bike will stay up with the same throttle opening.

Ride Safe, RJ

you just keep the back foot on the brake peg,,and you will know when you are going too far!!! then you have to have the piece of mind to use the brake,,i know its tough to concentrate but practice make perfect,, i have video of me doing 4 gear wheelies on my 630 lbs. CBX Honda,,also on my 87 gixxer two completly different worlds,, one is slow motion the other got me throw out of the race track here in Vegas,, they didnt like a 11.20 sec. wheelies over there evidentaly!!
keep on practicing and good luck to all!! Vic

Back