Another new owner

Fat Ninja

Registered
Hey Gals and Guys! New owner here. Bought an 06' today and drove it off the lot at 6:30 central. Already put 150 miles on her! Here is my girl. Oh, I forgot to mention. She has 2600 miles on her now.... Yeah that isnt a typo.

224837681_416752803034335_7611025292998809895_n.jpg

Congrats mate nice ride you got there As for the oil question you are going to get lots and lots of different opinions For me I change the oil and oil filter around the 5 to 6 thousand miles mark :thumbsup:

Welcome, great looking steed and nice to have such a low mileage copy....

I imagine you are finding a vast difference between your HD and Hayabusa...

As for oil changes, I echo @busafan08 .....I use Amsoil synthetic and that is around the interval I use....if you are spending lots of time in the high rev range or live in an area where there is lots of dust and sand you may want to shorten the interval.

:welcome:
What a sweet deal! Congrats!!

My '14 (and my DL1000) run Motul 300V so I change it every 3k-ish with filter.
Many would argue this is too much, too soon, and too often. They might be right, but it's the least I can do for this gem of a bike.

Personally, I ALWAYS change the fluids on a new-to-me used bike, regardless of mileage

Welcome, great looking steed and nice to have such a low mileage copy....

I imagine you are finding a vast difference between your HD and Hayabusa...

As for oil changes, I echo @busafan08 .....I use Amsoil synthetic and that is around the interval I use....if you are spending lots of time in the high rev range or live in an area where there is lots of dust and sand you may want to shorten the interval.
HUGE DIFFERENCE! I can turn the bike and it goes where I point it. I need to work on lower back strength to keep a proper riding position to take the weight off my hands and wrists. I bought a tank bag for some storage and rest my left arm on it for some support for now. Any tips on riding position or technique would be appreciated.

Hi there mate , nice Gen 1 you got yourself there , the hog in the pic looks good too . I watch a fella brian 636 hood eats series , and am learning a bit about Chicago . Always liked the place because of my all time favorite movie the Blues Brothers .
Be watching for your future ride posts , take care .

HUGE DIFFERENCE! I can turn the bike and it goes where I point it. I need to work on lower back strength to keep a proper riding position to take the weight off my hands and wrists. I bought a tank bag for some storage and rest my left arm on it for some support for now. Any tips on riding position or technique would be appreciated.
I'm pretty fit so the riding position doesn't bother me all except the arthritis in my hands-they ache after a bit...

Core strength building like @fallenarch says, I do a regular routine of weight lifting and usually add core strength exercises to the mix such as "wheel roll, supermans, lying leg lifts and scissor lifts" to help get the lower back stronger..

If you don't have them already, Heli-bars are handy or if you want to go the whole hog a set of risers and bars like @c10 had on RJ are a great idea and would make the transition from HD to Hayabusa a little easier.

So question, How many miles do you guys do an oil change at?
2500 oil and filter. If the bike has a high quality synthetic oil you can go a lot longer.

Any tips on riding position or technique would be appreciated.
For me it was my neck and the back of my thighs. It took about two seasons but I have no problem now.

Welcome. That's a beautiful Gen1 with incredibly low miles!

Congrats and welcome! Working on your core will definitely make your riding easier/better.

I'm pretty fit so the riding position doesn't bother me all except the arthritis in my hands-they ache after a bit...

Core strength building like @fallenarch says, I do a regular routine of weight lifting and usually add core strength exercises to the mix such as "wheel roll, supermans, lying leg lifts and scissor lifts" to help get the lower back stronger..

If you don't have them already, Heli-bars are handy or if you want to go the whole hog a set of risers and bars like @c10 had on RJ are a great idea and would make the transition from HD to Hayabusa a little easier.
Thanks man, appreciate it. Back and hands felt pretty good today after my 150 mile blast. Bike keeps stalling at idle though. Gonna bump the idle as its just under 1k. Hope that solves it. If not I'll pull the tank and see if there is any rust in her. Great day though. As you can see my Search Fu is strong LOL. Found several threads on the issue I'm having.

I think we have a replaceable fuel filter too...although I'd expect that to be more of an issue when there's a high demand for fuel rather than at idle. Check the proper idle speed. My Gen2 has it set by the ECU and I think it might be 1100 rpm. I've heard too low of an idle is hard on the crankshaft.

Back