Another EBAY SCAM

The way they try to pull these scams would be absolutely comical if so many people didn't fall for them... :sad:

HERE IS THE ABSOLUTE REASON WHY YOU KNOW ITS A SCAM. I emailed the guy and asked how do i buy? Here was his response!!

Hello,
Thanks for your interest in buying my bike.
i want to tell you that i'm desperate....and that's why i'm selling. you see,now i'm at a clinic in London with my daughter wich suffered a kidney transpland and i need money very fast.........bikes are my life but my daughter's life is more than that....
in order to complete the transaction you have to go to your local western union agency and make a deposit(5000$) to my name on London,UK,and after that i'll ship you the bike,and you'llwire the rest of the amount, after you'll receive it.
please let me know your decision asap.........
Kind regards!

You just want to kick this guys A$$
guns.gif

I found the same scam at cycletrader.com and it pisses me off that the frauds are out there so boldly thats where I found a good deal on my bike and it worked out great but I'm sure many have been duped.

this is from cycletrader :
Potential Internet Scams:

Non-Delivery of Item:
Seller promises item is yours at a great deal if you wire the deposit in a hurry. Upon sending funds, seller disappears and no item is shipped

Overpayment by counterfeit check:
A known scam is sending counterfeit cashiers checks and money orders for above your asking price, with an agreement you will send (usually by Wire Transfer) your funds before the check clears your bank.

Spoof or "Phisher" emails
These deceptive emails claim to be sent from respected or trusted web sites. The senders of these fraudulent emails hope that unsuspecting recipients will reply or click on a link contained in the email and then provide sensitive personal information such as passwords, social security numbers, or credit card numbers.

<span style='font-family:times'>This is an email to me :
Dear Friend,

I hope this my proposal will not come to you as a surprise.

I am Dr Patrick Williams the Deposit Manager of OCHIPEK SECURITY AND FINANCE TRUST SARL with regional Office
here in Cotonou,Republic of Benin.

We had a foreign client Mr Arthur Smith of America who deposited a consignment containing twenty eight
million and six hundred thousand united states dollar(US$28.6Million) with our company.

Eventually, this client was among the victims of COLGAN AIR with AIRCRAFT TYPE/REGISTRATION BEECHCRAFT
1900D N215CJ that crashed on the 23rd January 1999 in HYANNIS,MASSACHUSSETS,USA, but since the demise of
Mr Arthur Smith, we have not had any body coming for the claims as the next of kin.

This is a sitaution I have monitored closely with my position in the Company. Now, having monitored this
deposit and managed it over the years before his death and hence nobody has showed up as the next of kin for
the past three years plus.

I have removed the file to my private vault,I now solicit for your assistance to present you as the
next of kin as every other arrangement has being concluded by me and I am only waiting for a
foreigner to enable me lift the consignment to his favour and custody.

And I will like to let you know that it is only you and I with late Mr Arthur Smith that knows the
actual content of the box because it was deposited as a family treasure.This does not have any risk
attached to it as all the internal documentations will be handled by me.

I therefore request you to confirm your interest by a return message and I will furnish you with details
on how we can commence on this but do not forget to keep this stop secret.

Your interest will be negotiable before we start the operation.

I look forward to hearing from you immediately you recieves this urgent message.

Yours Faithfully,
Dr Patrick Williams.(OSFT).

NOTE:THAT I AM CURRENTLY UNDERGOING A COURSE IN A CERTAIN SECURITY COMPANY IN MONACO AND WILL NOT BE
BACK IN THE NEXT ONE MONTH SO YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON MY NUMBER AT +37747610673 FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION.
Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ;
3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)
</span>

links for fraud prevention :
fraud tips
fraud org
guns.gif

bomb.gif
BIG CAN OF WHOOP ASS NEEDED!!!

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068796642 -->

Back