An' "ALL THINGS GoPro RELATED" thread.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Why? Why now? Cause Rubb has one now,that's why. :poke: Anyway hopefully the hi-jackin' bastids will leave this one alone.
Perhaps go one topic per post at a time making it easier to find the answer you might be looking for...I know..."search feature" ;)
Share the good,the bad and the ugly. (no,not pics of fellow members) even if it was taken with yer new 8.
Lots of acceptable abrevs. Like GP (GoPro) etc.
Well,here we go.
Buying extra's: You may want an' extra battery,they seem to run down fast.A few ways to go.I found the best bang for the buck was the official GP dual batt charger.Comes with the extra batt you need,plus the 2 port charging ability and it seemed to charge in half the time.:thumbsup:
The wall plug in adapter(not included) cuts the charge time in half as compared to the USB on yer PC or Mac. I'll be using that 3 hole cigarette lighter adaptor(not included) as previous owners infinate wisdom had him install.

Selfie Stick. Lots to choose from. I test drove a few in the store.The ones with multiple joints looked cool,but for the extra dough seemed not worth it. I chose this one.Holds the GP and your cell phone perfect and tight.
Extends out 36"/91cm with a twist. Plenty o long.

Adaptor for the end of the selfie stick:
IMHO, don't buy one. I was a "victim" don't follow my mistake.GoPro "expert" at the store said I would need it to better hold the GP and various cell phones. Wrong. The stick mentioned above does a better job of holding my devices.
Pic 1...the add-on you DON'T need. Pic 2...stick doing just fine on its own. If anybody finds there particular device does not fit the stick they have purchased,get with me to see if you can use this. Example: older phone or GP.

Memory cards..... Do your research,or take the advice of yer Org bros.
Lots of brands and sizes and capabilities. IMHO,don't cheap out.Sure,buy whats on sale but get the big bad ones. These were on sale,half price.Not huge storage but for the price it made sense. GP's need alot of storage but not only that,they need a quality card.Now for simple pics or vid you are not too worried about...get the cheapo cards. I want quality and speed.I want 4K ultra high definition(4K UHD) I want speed both in recording and downloading to my laptop. A card that reads at 170 mb's per second or greater. Writes at 90 mb's per second or better. These GP's take 30 FPS (frames per second) take advantage of that. I wont bore you with all the math I did but a 64 GIG card translates into about 2 hours (aprox) of recording time at what we want (4K) Its unknown to me (yet) how many hi-res stills that would be. But lot's. I will go with multiple cards if they are a good deal.Bit more hassle but they have an' advantage too.

Memory cards..... Do your research,or take the advice of yer Org bros.
Lots of brands and sizes and capabilities. IMHO,don't cheap out.Sure,buy whats on sale but get the big bad ones. These were on sale,half price.Not huge storage but for the price it made sense. GP's need alot of storage but not only that,they need a quality card.Now for simple pics or vid you are not too worried about...get the cheapo cards. I want quality and speed.I want 4K ultra high definition(4K UHD) I want speed both in recording and downloading to my laptop. A card that reads at 170 mb's per second or greater. Writes at 90 mb's per second or better. These GP's take 30 FPS (frames per second) take advantage of that. I wont bore you with all the math I did but a 64 GIG card translates into about 2 hours (aprox) of recording time at what we want (4K) Its unknown to me (yet) how many hi-res stills that would be. But lot's. I will go with multiple cards if they are a good deal.Bit more hassle but they have an' advantage too.
View attachment 1619025

I stocked up on mem cards, but found I only use one ... maybe two of 'em, mostly due to lousy battery life: as long as I'm gonna stop recording to charge the batt, may as well offload the mem card to a PC. As Rubb says, it's about a 2:1 ratio. The cards offer about 2 hrs recording time while the batt offers 1. But ... if you're road tripping, for instance, multiple mem cards means you don't have to pack a computer to facilitate offloading.

I've ordered the charger + batt Rubb has above so maybe my strategies will change... still waiting for UPS to drop it off. Actually called GP and said, is this normal for a delivery to take 14+ days? They're looking into it, but it's UPS that has dropped the ball on this one, I believe.

Wind Noise..... A prob for sure. One that I don't have the best answer for just yet. The mic I already have in my brain bucket,or one that plugs into the port of the GP. I'm not big on that idea as it exposes a critical much needed port to the elements. (when it rains or snows,dust and dirt). I dont know if a bluetooth option will work,yet. Stay tuned,perhaps a fellow brutha has the perfect answer already :thumbsup: or I will figure it out ASAP.
Yours in hi-quality, lane-splitting,high speed running,wheelie 'in,tire smokin',cop runnin' fun. J/K But let's get creative as heck out there.:D
Rubb.

I stocked up on mem cards, but found I only use one ... maybe two of 'em, mostly due to lousy battery life: as long as I'm gonna stop recording to charge the batt, may as well offload the mem card to a PC. As Rubb says, it's about a 2:1 ratio. The cards offer about 2 hrs recording time while the batt offers 1. But ... if you're road tripping, for instance, multiple mem cards means you don't have to pack a computer to facilitate offloading.

I've ordered the charger + batt Rubb has above so maybe my strategies will change... still waiting for UPS to drop it off. Actually called GP and said, is this normal for a delivery to take 14+ days? They're looking into it, but it's UPS that has dropped the ball on this one, I believe.
Extra batts and cards,leave the lappy at home.:thumbsup:
Deliveries Haya, are all frucked up by Covid. Every man and his dog are buying something off the net. Amazon is offering Covid type orders are getting priority,which is cool,but I want my shi7 yesterday.Hello FleaBay,Wish and direct supply companies.
Rubb.,

Wind Noise..... A prob for sure. One that I don't have the best answer for just yet. The mic I already have in my brain bucket,or one that plugs into the port of the GP. I'm not big on that idea as it exposes a critical much needed port to the elements. (when it rains or snows,dust and dirt). I dont know if a bluetooth option will work,yet. Stay tuned,perhaps a fellow brutha has the perfect answer already :thumbsup: or I will figure it out ASAP.
Yours in hi-quality, lane-splitting,high speed running,wheelie 'in,tire smokin',cop runnin' fun. J/K But let's get creative as heck out there.:D
Rubb.
View attachment 1619026
Tip from member BusaBenny. Git yerself a Wind Slayer...(foam sock for yer GP)
Find 'em here... Help with wind noise
Thanks BusaBenny. Any real world trials/testimonials/posted vids would be most welcome. Rubb.

Multiple tests for GoPro:
To see what the vantage point is like with the GP chest mounted.
Very cool.Good view.Can see gauges and hands. It's like playing a virtual reality video game.

Check wind noise vs helmet mounting the GP. Wind noise is less when seated upright,more noise when in tuck.

To see if it is easy to turn the GP on/off while riding with gloves on. It is. Save batt and card space during boring times in the ride.

Forgot to see if voice commands would be recognized by the GoPro while riding.
Voice recognition is exellent in my living room,yet to be tested on the fly. :banghead: I have a feeling they will work. I adjusted the chest strap so the GP was up high on my chest,just under my chin.

Chest mount system yay or nay? Rubb highly recommends :thumbsup:

Just a one minute blurb Rubb.

Tomorrows tests will include home made wind cover and the possibilty of using voice commands while riding. Also voice commands via helmet mounted microphone using a bluetooth connection thru helmet intercom/stereo/cellphone capabilities. I will test tonight to see if the GP pairs with a helmet mounted mic. Stay tuned.
Rubb.

FREE!! FREE!!
GoPro Dual Battery Charger
New in Box
Everything except the extra battery - I'm keeping that

I already have this charger, don't need an extra. Anybody want this? Pay shipping and it's yours!

Awesome deal Haya... :bowdown:
Outstanding thought yet again,The Org members rock :super:
Rubb.

Is there some sort of gopro type stick that can be mounted on the bike that is secure enough and long enough to get angles from the back? I'm thinking like 3 feet long or so.

Is there some sort of gopro type stick that can be mounted on the bike that is secure enough and long enough to get angles from the back? I'm thinking like 3 feet long or so.

Look up Pashnit’s post about camera locations on his tourer. He showed a number of options.

Back