Help...Im sure this has been asked already but I couldn't find a related thread.

j_ray_33

Registered
I have recently made some upgrades to my baby and i am in need of some help. My baby is a daily rider for my 44 mile commute everyday to and from work. I am getting her to the dyno but not until next week. I have added a pc5 voodoo 4-2-1 full exhaust and a KN air filter. Checked the dynojet website and no map for my application. Can anyone recommend a good starting point so I don't lose too much of my much needed gas milage. I'm not saying that I still expect to get 44mpg anymore but I would like to stay above 38 if possible. Thanks in advance

First step is to get rid of the voodoo, lol. They are possibly the worst you could have bought. You will get zero performance gain from them. All you did was jack up your bikes horse power. The good thing is the busa has plenty of HP but you just went the wrong way with it. Your map should be fine until you get to the tuner but you may get some popping and fell some jerks thought the power.

I Picked It Up For 200 Bucks So I Could Go Single Sided And Shave Weight.If I Weld In A Washer Or Something, Do You Think That Will Help It At All. I've Also Put Some Cones In A Few Harleys To Help Them Get Some Back Pressure. Do You That That'S What Makes Voodoo So Crappy. On Not Trying To Go Too Extreme On The Mods. I've Also Done The Pair Mod And That Took Care Of The Popping And I Cleared Up The throttle Problem By Playing With The Fuel Map A Little. Thanks For The Quick ResponsE Really Need The Help.

I achieved 50 - 52 MPG with a simple changing the rear sprocket to a 39 tooth rather than a 42 (stock) on my Gen II. This change in addition to my cruise control allowed for greatly increased MPG's. I have a 120 mile round trip commute to work, so MPG's was important to me. Some say that the low end power is greatly reduced by this mod, I never saw that in my situation.

I'm with LC...... ditch that voodoo exhaust :lol: if your gonna spend the money for a dyno session and get it tuned then you might as well spend the money on a halfway decent exhaust. Honestly you were better off cutting you factory exhaust off at the midpipe and clamping on an exhaust tip from autozone.... that would've cost you $50 and you would get the same sound and HP results :whistle:

I Appreciate All The Advice Guys. In Reference To The Exhaust. I Am Going To Keep The Header But What Would You Recommend For The Slip On. I Know Brocks Is The "Undisputed" Best But For The Price, I'd Rather Not. And My DYno Session Is Free So Im Only Out Of Pocket 200. After A Quick Comparison With My Brothers Bike The Brock And Voodoo Header Seem Identical. So I Think That Part Is Salvageable But That's What Im Here For. So Far As I've Read You Guys Give The Best Advice On The org.

There aren't many guarantees in life but I'm willing to place my bets that there is nothing close to identical about Brocks and Voodoo exhausts.... not the header, mid pipe, material,hell even the springs :laugh: Best bet is to try and grab up a cheap exhaust can off ebay if your gonna try a cut n splice job. Normally I wouldn't recommend it but really it's not like your gonna decrease the HP or performance from a voodoo exhaust :whistle:

Great Advice Again. I Guess I'll Have To Sell What I Have And Buy The BrOcks system. Hell I May Even Keep It And Do Some R$D For Voodoo. lol

J_ray,

The voodoo header IS salvageable but don't think for a second it compares to a Brock's header. Voodoo is know for using the cheapest stuff they can find, there's a reason you only paid $200 for it. I'm not looking to bag on you or voodoo but that exhaust truly is the bottom of the barrel. It may sound good to you and look nice but it will only decrese your bike performance and MPG's (I know this because I fell for the same trap when I 1st bought my GenII). If I were you I would be looking in the classified sections here for a used slip on, or maybe Craigslist and eBay and try to save the header, that or just resale the voodoo and buy a completely different system. Several companies make cost effective exhaust systems and everybody has there favorites so just find one that you like the way it looks and fits within your budget.....When I say this I mean shopping major brands like twobrothers and yosh... NO VOODOO or HOTBODIES!

I Appreciate All The Advice Guys. In Reference To The Exhaust. I Am Going To Keep The Header But What Would You Recommend For The Slip On. I Know Brocks Is The "Undisputed" Best But For The Price, I'd Rather Not. And My DYno Session Is Free So Im Only Out Of Pocket 200. After A Quick Comparison With My Brothers Bike The Brock And Voodoo Header Seem Identical. So I Think That Part Is Salvageable But That's What Im Here For. So Far As I've Read You Guys Give The Best Advice On The org.
Let me know if you get 12 to 15 added ponies :poke:

Man I Love This Forum. You Guys Have Been Great. While We've Been Going Back And Forth I Have Found A Slip On For The Voodoo. I AppreciAre advice. Im Not mad About My Purchase, I Was Just Ill-Informed. Thanks Guys. Until The Next Upgrade.

Man I Love This Forum. You Guys Have Been Great. While We've Been Going Back And Forth I Have Found A Slip On For The Voodoo. I AppreciAre advice. Im Not mad About My Purchase, I Was Just Ill-Informed. Thanks Guys. Until The Next Upgrade.

So what did you get?

I got a yoshi slip on. I had to get a connector to make it work but it works for now until I find a cheap brocks system

Back