Amazing thing happened today + update on Willie!!

What a great thing to log-in and read!! Willie I am really glad to see you will be getting your cross back, I know it meant a lot to you.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope to see you in the fall (or before) :cheerleader:

Offer still stands, you need something please look here first :beerchug:

Hey Doug, do you know how the lady came up on the necklace, what is the story there...

Hey Doug, do you know how the lady came up on the necklace, what is the story there...

They were riding Harleys on the skyway and her friend hit gravel and lost his bike in that curve. He hit the same guardrail and while they were tending to him, she looked down and saw it in the grass. She wrote Willie a 3 page letter, which I am sure he will share at the Fall Bash.
The friend was not injured badly, because they continued on home after a little patching him and him bike up.

They were riding Harleys on the skyway and her friend hit gravel and lost his bike in that curve. He hit the same guardrail and while they were tending to him, she looked down and saw it in the grass. She wrote Willie a 3 page letter, which I am sure he will share at the Fall Bash.
The friend was not injured badly, because they continued on home after a little patching him and him bike up.

Wow...that corner IS cursed!

Amazing how she found that necklace though

Question for the Captain and the rest of you guys.

Willie wants to know if anyone knows about jackets or vests to purchase that protect his neck and back. The doctors are telling him to not ever ride again? Advice?????

Is he looking for a "brace" or just for armor? Welcome to Johnson Leather Corp. has some very nice products. :beerchug: Also Alpinestars, EVS, Leatt all make neck braces that are very high quality. Another thing to consider would be the airbag suits that are just starting to make it on the scene. Hopefully the next couple of years show lots of affordable, attractive, and protective products come out.

Last edited:
Question for the Captain and the rest of you guys.

Willie wants to know if anyone knows about jackets or vests to purchase that protect his neck and back. The doctors are telling him to not ever ride again? Advice?????

No advice from me until he can see straight and is ready to physically get back on a bike....

No advice from me until he can see straight and is ready to physically get back on a bike....

I told him "Cap's been there, done that"

He isnt even thinking about it this year, he wants to fix the bike and get completely healed. He asked if you were coming to the fall bash. He'll be on 4 wheels. Maybe Grumpy can put him peeling potatoe:poke:s.

how cool is that. :cheerleader: let's hope good things continue to happen for him.

Wow that is a weird and wonderful story of her finding cross ?
Amazing how she found it .
Just glad to hear he is one day at a time getting better and that the cross through destiny found it's way home...
There is a God....:bowdown:

You never know Doug, the lady that found the necklace might just have found some faith that day... her friend down and when she needed a little emotional help she looks down and sees a cross... I bet that 3 page letter is filled with something like that... She needed it then, now Willy needs it.. .

Great story....

cap

Yeah Cap, she told me on the phone, she had searched high and low on the internet for the owner or his family. She thought the owner was gone and want to give it to his family. I am glad the right person found it.

You never know Doug, the lady that found the necklace might just have found some faith that day... her friend down and when she needed a little emotional help she looks down and sees a cross... I bet that 3 page letter is filled with something like that... She needed it then, now Willy needs it.. .

Great story....

cap

Cap that is a facet of this gem I did not see ?
I can imagine her needing some help in that exact moment and to look down and find a cross and a valuable lost one at that is truly great.
To be on side of road at scene of accident and look down and find that would mark me for life in a most enlightening way.

Julie is the tall girl in the back with pink bandana. She's cute even if she doesn't ride a Suzuki :laugh:
All these folks are from Chicago I think.

Julie.jpg

Back