Am I in the wrong here???

chowda633

Registered
This is a bit of a rant/nice guy story with your thoughts appreciated.

I learned a long time ago that the nice guy finishes last and business before pleasure and friends...

So I play the nice guy card for the umtenth time. I will never stop being a nice guy I just cover my ass now. I sell my old CBR 600 to a "friend" on payments. Starts out 200 a week because he wants to get it "payed off" kid has a credit score of 400 lol. That turns into a 100 dollars a week which is fine I don't need money but its now a principle matter. Original price was 2,500 out of that he has payed only 900. Up until this point and the bike was sold to him back at the beginning of the summer.

I have not seen one dime in over 4 weeks! Good thing I wrote a 3 page contract with him and signed it with out even reading it! LOL. A week ago I get a txt from the clown saying his mom is going to pay off the bike. 1600 dollars one check... Ok fine I drive the hour up there to his house kid jumps in my truck and hands me a check... Folded up... I am like is this it? He is like yea... I open it up guess how much?!? 50 DOLLARS! I loose my top. Almost knock him out cold I mean really really close.

End result is I give him till friday (It was wen) to get 400 what was owed to me at the time or I take the bike. Kick him out and he is winning about some trip on friday. I was like you had your chance game is over. 400 or I get the bike back. I leave...

I get a txt 20 minutes few ago and its him telling me that his mom is taking over payments and 400 dollars next week and if I don't like that call him mom!

I was like wtf?! Your not man enough to handle your own problems you have to have your mom do it for you? I was like I will call your mom and explain to her whats up!

So I call her... She totally sides with her son gave me a bunch of excuses I was like look I am not after you. I either want the bike or the money. Nothing else. She swears up and down she will have the money to me by today... I even setup a bank account in my name that is a bank by them to deposit the money in weekly! How hard is that?! Cash you check put a 100 in the account end of story...

Well today is the day. And so far no money! Kid never said anything at work all week either I have a friend that works with him and he thinks its all being handled by his mommy...

I got a wake up call coming morning when I take this **** to small claims court.

NOW. Can I just skip the claims court call the cops and repo my bike? I have been more than fair and nice. This kid brings home 400 a week. And has 0 BILLS 0 mommy pays for everything.

I will keep you guys posted on how this plays out...

This is actually pretty fun so far. I love being the nice guy and when people think they got over on me BAM! I pwn them Lol.

I have been to small claims court before for something similar and the guy got laughed out of court! Payed 1500 dollars up front for a paint job guy never did it and took it to small claims. Judge was like he payed you for the job you didn't do it. Give him his money back... Guy was like uhhhh.... Again he did not pay interest started on it ended up getting over 2k back!

Here is my favorite one. I got robbed on live camera :D this is me in the video.

- Worlds Most Daring Clip[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I had all kinds of guys wanting to buy a bike from me that way under the same circumstances. Make payments, have a contract, etc. You just really have no way to cover your rear not to mention the headache that goes with it. I hope it works out for you bro.

You are far more trusting than I would ever be. Whenever I sell anything it is full payment up front with the only exception being a family member. I would go get the bike and give him back his cash. Learning experience.

might be better to give it one more week than to file charges and then go to court just to have them pay then. But I would be mad too. Every time I sell something I keep possesion and let them pay then no pay I re sell.
Posted via Mobile Device

Would like to get the bike back. Not giving him the 900 back though. He has been riding it all summer modifying it etc. All the bull**** I have had to do chasing him around etc. ****ing kid even repainted the bike! Could have used that money to pay me.

Take him to small claims court. Cops won't do anything since you sold it to him. I would sue for the remaining balance and not to get the bike back, since he has already "ruined it" by painting it.

Let the judge order him to give you the money. The sheriff's collected for me (although not a bike sale).

I bought my bike on payments like this..but i was paying 1500 a week.
I didnt get the bike until it was paid in full.. so you should have done the same.

get the bike back and make him make payments.

Take him to small claims court. Cops won't do anything since you sold it to him. I would sue for the remaining balance and not to get the bike back, since he has already "ruined it" by painting it.

Let the judge order him to give you the money. The sheriff's collected for me (although not a bike sale).

Yea that's what monday's plan is :D

yes you are in the wrong.....

you knew he was not trustworthy. its not about being a nice guy, you made a bad decision.

peaple suck,they take no responsability for any of there actions or commitments.you are just to trusting.hope it works out for ya:beerchug:

Exactly.

--Wag--

tough situation, dont think I would have let the keys go without payment in full. If you take the bike and he has it registered I believe you would be the one at fault then for theft, however a repo could be ordered by the courts which is the way I would probalby go. Ask for it to be repo'd and put back in your name.

Man, I learned a long time ago, Do not trust people you don't know very well. When I sold a horse, They paid me BEFORE they loaded him on the trailor. If he broke a leg while THEY loaded him, I was paid. I learned this the hard way but be honest with people on the sale and GET your money. If this guy makes 400 bring home then he could have borrowed the money to pay you for the bike. Get your bike back or get the money.

I hope he is not under 18 years old, because in most states, a contract with a minor is not enforceable. That includes a full price, paid in full sale. Kid buys the bike, trashes it, wants his money back, and bam, you are at fault.

Always get paid in full. Always deal with legal adults!

Back