Alternatives to Clear Alternative

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I'm on my 3rd LED board for my rear light...and I see a few left blinkers are starting to go. They work flawlessly for about 3 months then  
pissed.gif
...There will not be a 4th board.

I've got HMF highrise with a standard undertail (mudflap removed). I like the standard shape light with the intergrated LED board but would like something with a lot more quality. Any ideas...

For what it's worth I recieved today (from clear alternatives) the front smoke blinkers with bulbs...One light was broken around the edge and the bulbs didn't fit, the tabs on the bulb were at the wrong position, almost 6 and 12 o'clock.

ClearAlternatives and I are DONE.

I've had my CA led tail light over a year with 1040 miles on it and no problems! Do you think I will be having a problem?

That sucks, I've had my CA front and rear LEDs for a couple of years now and 7,000 miles with no problems.

Have had my CA integrated for only 4 months but has worked flawlessly.

Side Note: Don't know if it matters, but I kept the more rapid flash rate and left the transistor out...1) It's more visibley annoying that way and people I've ridden w/ seem to agree...2) This way I don't have to worry about the possibility of overheating the LEDs at long stop lights...something that is noted in the C.A. directions.
rock.gif

Just my .02, but I have had my CA since last June and almost 9000 miles later I have no problems. Neither have the six other riders I have reffered them to. Maybe there is some kind of bug in your wiring thats causing it to fry. Just a thought.

(HotRod104 @ Apr. 03 2007,04:45) Just my .02, but I have had my CA since last June and almost 9000 miles later I have no problems. Neither have the six other riders I have reffered them to. Maybe there is some kind of bug in your wiring thats causing it to fry. Just a thought.
I thought of that but don't know what that could be. I'm not using the resistors and it functions properly (for a while) so it's wired correctly.

rock.gif

this one probably lasted about 6 months.

Either way, factor in the broken parts I just got and the mismatch bulbs and their quality control seems and attention to detail seem to be lacking.

Back