Alright stirring the pot busa buy

foc3016

Registered
So I'm looking to jump to sport bikes .. I've been power shifting the hell out of the cruisers I've started on from 600-over 1700 ..I'm looking for a daily touring bike the only thing that's got me sketch about making the jump from muscle bikes to the baddest spot bike out there is the over the back factor ... I've ridden bigger bikes from the beginning the husky monster @16 to melting the Pistons out of my first 600 cruiser

I love the idea of having a busa and a m109 in the garage .. just kinda hesitant I've heard the jump for the busa to the 9 is a good one was curious about going the other way

Any input is appreciated

And thank u guys as a comment for letting me ask

Welcome @foc3016.

... “jump for the busa to the 9”?

Switch between a new busa and his Boulevard M109.

the only thing that's got me sketch about making the jump from muscle bikes to the baddest spot bike out there is the over the back factor ...

You may only adjust it as much as possible with a slightly shaved seat to lower the body, handlebar risers and raised bars, then determine if the compromise is acceptable. Scooching up to the tank and shortening the reach helps. A double height seat that stops you from sliding back on the extreme acceleration assists. You may want lowered pegs to de-cramp the legs. Only you can prevent forest fires and the same, only you can determine if the busa's body position will work for you.

Mate , having the M109 cruiser and a Busa in your stable is a great idea . The Busa is an easy bike to live with , it handles pretty well in most conditions and situations you can throw at it . Yes it can be fast , but also happy to cruise and commute at low speed . It is a fairly heavy beast compared to full sport bikes , but is rock steady at all speeds and well able to ride comfortably 2 up . If you have found yourself a good example and a good deal , well just do yourself a favor and go buy it .

I agree with @ROADTOAD1340 . The Busa is an awesome light touring/backroad bike. It does everything well and has impeccable manners to boot. Just remember a real sportbike will always turn under you so let them, you'll eat their lunch when the road straightens.

I'm one of those guys who finds the Busa riding position very comfortable. When I got my BMW 1600, I started having all kinds of back problems The M109 is one of my favorite Suzukies. It is what a cruiser should be and I think they look/sound sick. I would still say the Triumph Rocket is my #1 jock-swinging cruiser, but the Suzuki is #2 and is arguably more capable overall than the rocket.

You have to make a bike flip over by trying to wheelie it...then running out of skill.
Otherwise, they aren't just throwing you in the road.
Now, drop the clutch for a burnout and have it hook up instead...you better know how to wheelie.
All the big bikes power wheelie easily too, but it's not the same as a balanced and controlled wheelie...at all.
Be aware and respectful of all the power...and ride it like you stole it.
I love wheelies
Welcome to the org

So I'm looking to jump to sport bikes .. I've been power shifting the hell out of the cruisers I've started on from 600-over 1700 ..I'm looking for a daily touring bike the only thing that's got me sketch about making the jump from muscle bikes to the baddest spot bike out there is the over the back factor ... I've ridden bigger bikes from the beginning the husky monster @16 to melting the Pistons out of my first 600 cruiser

I love the idea of having a busa and a m109 in the garage .. just kinda hesitant I've heard the jump for the busa to the 9 is a good one was curious about going the other way

Any input is appreciated

And thank u guys as a comment for letting me ask
I've had both at the same time. Totally different uses. The 109 does a great job at being a Harley alternative. Loved it's styling, reliability, V-Twin manners and comfort. And rear passengers seemed to like it better.

Busa is a totally different appeal. She can cruise without effort, but totally different ergonomics.

Way quicker than the 109, but nothing near as comfortable.

I've had both at the same time. Totally different uses. The 109 does a great job at being a Harley alternative. Loved it's styling, reliability, V-Twin manners and comfort. And rear passengers seemed to like it better.

Busa is a totally different appeal. She can cruise without effort, but totally different ergonomics.

Way quicker than the 109, but nothing near as comfortable.
Exactly this.

Have you ever sat on a Busa?

It's going to make you lean forward more than the 109 for sure.

You didn't say how old you are or what kind of shape your in. Age doesn't matter as much,
but if your in bad shape it might make a huge difference - especially on longer rides.

How long are your daily rides going to be?

Most people will modify a Busa soon after getting it to suit themself.

Are you looking for a used one or a new one?

Back