Alaska trip

Wire Dawg

Donating Member
Registered
I'm way up in Northern British Columbia heading back down at the moment and I'm impressed with the number of motorcyclist making the trip up to Alaska since the last time I drove it. Anyone here done it on 2 wheels? Ran in to a couple guys from the Bay Area just riding up to get the Fairbanks HD t-shirt. I gotta do it some day, but can't see doing it on the busa. My replies to this will be limited due to limited email access along the way, but curious to hear your comments when I'm back in the lower-48 about undertaking this trip.

Next year in July I'll be doing a similar tour on my Busa but on the opposite side of the Continents. I plan on riding from Ohio up to Cape Brenton NS. and then taking a ferry to New Foundland.

Be safe and keep your knees in the breeze !!!!

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152430102 -->

i wouldnt there is mad contruction going on the alaskan highway on the canadian side. i drove down lat year and it was like 400 miles of dirt road

i wouldnt there is mad contruction going on the alaskan highway on the canadian side. i drove down lat year and it was like 400 miles of dirt road
Oh, no no...

nono.gif

You must have hit a bad year. There was only 50-60 miles of dirt/gravel total when I came through and that was broken up in sections of dirt/pavement. The frost heaves were a ##### though. Had shid bouncing off the ceiling.

Sounds like it would be a neat trip...

Back