Akropovic cans

BurbankBusaBoy

Registered
I got a smokin deal on a set of Carbon Akro Cans for a Busa....I have a tre, and a PCIII. Everything else is stock. Should i sell these cans and make some cash or are akro's okay mufflers? I like the way they look but if they are POS's then i'll ship these things. They are brand new in the box I also would like to know if i can later on down the line can i buy a full akro Ti system without the cans? For example are the bolt on cans the same as the cans used on the Full Akro Ti System.....Thanks guys!...BBB

How much?
rock.gif

Bolt ons will NOT work on a full system....Akrapovic is one of the best brands
wink.gif

got'em for 400 for the set sealed in the box....so pretty much half price...a friend of mine was closing his shop and i got lucky. I was gonna go micron but they seem to be getting a little too popular for my taste. Now say i install these cans with my stock exhaust and my pcIII and my K&N and go in for a dyno tune, will i see any significant gains? Im running the stock bike map as of now. What im getting at is that it would be nice to loss the weight of the stock system but then again the bikes already fast as all hell for me plus bolting on a set of cans is a lot easier then doing the whole exhaust =)......Im in CA so i cant loose valuable riding time!!!!! I think i just want a good clean sound and im hoping the akras will provide this. Yeah i think ima keep'em and install them =)....Anyone know how they sound?

They sound great...as for power bolt ons and a PC aren't going to add more than
2-3 HP.

if you want to keep your stock exhaust then go a head and use them because they are one of the best made. if you want more hp or lose weight then sale them and get a better exhaust. you won't see much if any gain with bolt ons.

You know im really happy with where my bikes at performance wise and all i have is the smart TRE which is commin out....The DynoJet PCIII and a K&N filter....Once i install these carbon cans im going to go see my buds at the local vance & Hines and get a custom map/dyno tuning and i think thats going to be the end of it. This is my distance passenger bike so im not looking to go too crazy with it.....Thanks for the info guys!

Hey is there a ready made map anywhere for the akra cans? Or can i say use the map on DynoJets site for yosh cans or slip-ons and be in the same neighborhood as im supposed to be in for the akras? Im going to go in for a custom map, but until then i was wondering if there was anything out there that would be better then the stock bike map.....i want to load a map on that thing already!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Okay so i decided to run'em.....now before reading this keep in mind i have a 2001 busa where there is only one "mid-pipe" for the right side is all welded. I installed the left side and had to twist up the mid pipe to get it to like up with the passenger peg mount and it was a snug fit but it worked. Now on to the right side....i started to install it when i though to myself "HEY this side wont twist, so i held the can up to the mounting bolts as they would be bolted in and the pipe is totally sideways. Obviosly this aint gonna work so...my question is: Is there specific part numbers for bolt-ons for 01 busa's that have the right side mid-pipe welded on? Everywhere i look i just see 99-04 and the like. Thanks again guys....BBB

Back