akrapovic  how to tell if race or evo

dave3.4

Registered
I brought a used Akrapovic exhaust for my Hayabusa that is in perfect condition and was told that it is the evolution series but I'm not sure if it is or not.The  evo is suppose to be titanium but the pipes never really  blued like I seen other brands. I also heard the evo  series have bigger pipes then the race ones. The inlet on the can is kinds big at  2  1/2" but I don't know for sure  what  akra I have.Does anyone know for sure how to tell the difference between the two.The pipe is very light and I notices a real nice power difference  I hate now knowing which one I have for sure can someone please help me out  thanks

I believe you are right about the bigger header and it should be Ti. and they don't blue .

Maybe this will help.

r8

117_1730.JPG

Evo header is ti.
Race is stainless. The race on my zx 12 is 2.5'' can has a tapered core. I believe the evo core does not taper.

I thought also that only ther evo had the crossover tubes on the headers? I could be wrong though.
I think you may be right.  There should be a difference just in the overall appearance of the material...between SS and Ti.  I also thought the SS (Race) header diameter was a tad bit smaller???

Either way, as long as you got a good deal and are happy with the overall outcome  
ThumbsUp.gif

Yours looks like my EVO and it will blue. In fact you may see several different colors when the pipe is really hot.
Be careful that the belly pan screws or nutplates do not touch the pipe underneath. It will eventually wear a hole thru the pipe. The titanium is super thin. Don't ask me how I know.

+1 on making sure that those belly pan screws do not touch, one of mine (right side) was touching the midpipe and I had to dremel it shorter. Ya do not want to have to replace that pipe!
thumb_up.gif

+1 on making sure that those belly pan screws do not touch, one of mine (right side) was touching the midpipe and I had to dremel it shorter.  Ya do not want to have to replace that pipe!
thumb_up.gif
Since I work for a Corporate Jet Manufacturer I was able to get the guys in the weld shop to fill in the hole. They did a great job and saved me some cash.
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Back