PC Autotune installation w/ 2011 and full Akrapovic

the_general

Registered
I have a 2011 Busa with a full 4-2-1 Akrapovic system and PCV, and I also have the Power Commander Autotune on order (hoping to install it this week).

I just wanted to ask if anyone here knows whether there is still a problem with the size of the O2 sensor on the Autotune being a different size than the stock O2 sensor, i.e., modifications will be necessary before installing. I'm hoping I can just screw it in without any other modification to the pipe.

Does anyone know what I can expect??

I would like to see how you make out with this.
I installed the Full Akrapovic 4-2-1 on my 09 a couple of weeks ago. No tune
Just riding and loving it. Super smooth through all the RPM ranges and throttle postions. Starts and idles same as with the stock stacks and still getting 39MPG. Talked to a guy that dragraces and he says really your throwing your money away on a PCV or other devices, the ECU is so smart on the GENII busas they adjust well to the different exhaust and learn. Which I agree so far thisw bike runs awesome! Used to lift the front end at 7500 and she begins lifting at 5500 and the front wheel doesnt touch the ground until 2nd gear around 100mph. I dont think I am going to add any PCV or edit my ECU. Suzuki has it figured out with this GENII ECU and its adjusting capabilities.:thumbsup:

I'll keep you posted, but I can say this for now: I *think* I can tell a difference with just the PCV and a 4-2-1 mapping (I think it's for a Two Brothers system). I tried a few maps they have on their web site and this one seems to be the best, and definitely more responsive than the all-zero map. But, if the autotune O2 sensor doesn't fit into the stock plug, I'll probably return it and consider getting a custom map.

From what you're saying, I assume you have the O2 sensor plugged into the Akra so the ECU can do its thing?

I would like to see how you make out with this.
I installed the Full Akrapovic 4-2-1 on my 09 a couple of weeks ago. No tune
Just riding and loving it. Super smooth through all the RPM ranges and throttle postions. Starts and idles same as with the stock stacks and still getting 39MPG. Talked to a guy that dragraces and he says really your throwing your money away on a PCV or other devices, the ECU is so smart on the GENII busas they adjust well to the different exhaust and learn. Which I agree so far thisw bike runs awesome! Used to lift the front end at 7500 and she begins lifting at 5500 and the front wheel doesnt touch the ground until 2nd gear around 100mph. I dont think I am going to add any PCV or edit my ECU. Suzuki has it figured out with this GENII ECU and its adjusting capabilities.:thumbsup:
wow the ecu learns:whistle:
I tell you what put a tre on it and you will gain 40 hp. NOT.

look you have a whole board here and srveral other on the net and you are going to believe a dragracer:banghead:

you need the biider bung for the o2 on a bazzaz or PC. BUT..................before you start playing with it verify the 02 is reading correctly

wow the ecu learns:whistle:
I tell you what put a tre on it and you will gain 40 hp. NOT.

look you have a whole board here and srveral other on the net and you are going to believe a dragracer:banghead:

All I am saying is that for an everyday street bike mapping isnt needed with a full system.
Its responsive and the Power curve is strong actually cant even go WOT till 3rd gear or your up in the air. I have stumbles or bogs the bike starts quickly and idles nice and the MPG didnt change a bit.
I am not saying that I couldnt squeeze out maybe......5HP with ecu edit, PCV, Bazzazz, etc but in all honesty its a street bike and I look for a smooth Power curve throughout all TP and RPM which I have Now so I cant see myself spending 3 to 6 hundred dollars more for a Number on the dyno or a tenth at the dragstrip.

I am saying if its a street bike you CAN. Put a full system on GENII and see improvements without a tune or other fuel mapping devices.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not just another dragracer, he raced Pro Stock in the NHRA division also works at a Suzuki dealership.
Posted via Mobile Device

Today I returned the Autotune where I bought it (never actually took possession of it, just got a refund) because when I compared the size of the bike's O2 sensor, it was about half the size of the M18x1.5 threads on the Autotune. In order to install it, I would definitely have to take the bike to a decent metal shop to have the "bung" welded into my exhaust and I'm just not that concerned with extra power. I'm disappointed though because I think it would have been a fun unit to play with and watch it make progress on my bike's map.

Bottom line: DO NOT buy an Autotune for the Busa without planning for that additional step which PowerCommander does a good job of keeping hidden from the average consumer who reads the product description. The way PowerCommander tells the story, "f your exhaust does not already have [an O2 connection], a 'weld in' O2 sensor bung is included." Problem is that most stock O2 sensors are too small for the Autotune's O2 sensor, so even if you have one, you'll likely need to weld the new one in anyway and that brings the price of installation up substantially!!!

Not just another dragracer, he raced Pro Stock in the NHRA division also works at a Suzuki dealership.
Posted via Mobile Device

and yet he still lied to you about the ecu learning:kissass:

GET A REAL tuner to map it and then make the same statement you did about a streetbike not needing mapping:whistle:

and yet he still lied to you about the ecu learning:kissass:

GET A REAL tuner to map it and then make the same statement you did about a streetbike not needing mapping:whistle:

:goodboy: its ok Johny
I know you make your money from tuning bikes.
I am just giving my opinion and results of after installing a full system on an 09. You get different advice from everyone. One tuner says NO you will damage the motor by a lean condition if you dont map it after a full system, one says it will run ok but you will have a flat spot in the mid range.... blahh blahh the parts guy behind the counter waiting to sell you a PCV is telling you need to change your fuel settings or you will run lean..

Bottom line from an 09 busa owner one that DOESNT have a unlimited amount of money. I am hard working guy making a life honestly.
I have riding and working on motorcycles for over 25 years.
I have put close to 1000 miles on my busa since my full system install.
I have the same gas mileage as I did with the stock pipe.
The performance and mid range has increased.
The whole RPM and TP is smooth and strong.
My spark plugs look great!
The inner part of my exhaust has a light brown color residue.

Enough said. I like to keep the engine and tuning as factory as I can for reliabilty. Its not worth the $$$$$$ to squeeze an additional 3-5HP and a bunch of screaming red line dyno runs.

PS the moon guy wasnt mature about your comment of the ECU learning, maybe I didnt word that properly, I meant the ECU can adjust with the O2 sensor for fuel which is correct if not my spark plugs would show a lean sign or my bike would stumble in the mid range.
Trust me I am picky with my bike and how it runs, if it wasnt silk smooth all through out the RPM range it would get tuned.

So, I have a question - I currently have, as stated in my original post, a 4-2-1 map from PowerCommander loaded on the PCV, and I also have my O2 (lambda) sensor disconnected. My question is what happens if I connect the lambda sensor to the ECU, given the fact that the PCV is set to make its own adjustments? Will the ECU be trying to offset the mapping from the PCV or will they work together to make a smoother-running bike, or what? I wouldn't mind hooking the lambda sensor back up, but I want to get an idea of from people here what to expect.

I think that for road use no tuning is needed. After I installed power commander to my zx14 the thing needed a lot of gasoline plus the 4:1 akrapovic.

Great exhaust. Makes lots of power, therefore flows a lot. It will lean your bike out and without adding fuel you prevent it from making the power it can make

I have a akra 4-2-1 race, filter and a pc5 with 800 miles on it. I'll be selling the pc5 as soon as I get the Woolich Box from Smith. I installed the akra and filter about 400 miles before the pc5. The pc5 with the akra map helped noticeably....

Back