Airbox Mod Question

basscrazy

Donating Member
Registered
I mod'd my airbox about a year ago when I had my Tsukgi exhaust installed using Brock instructions. Today I was assisting a friend install his exhaust. He told me the way he was instructed to do the airbox was to follow Brocks instructions and block all of the hoses/holes on the box. This would be the vaccum valve hole, the pair valve, the drain and the hose that goes into the engine case, every hole.

He has sealed his entire box except for the stacks and ram air ports. Is this correct??? I have not heard of this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated... I told him not to start that bike until I got back to him...
Thanxs
Bass

Thats how to do it but the pair valve must be blocked if still on the bike . Use a bolt or marble .

Seems around here bolts come easier to find these days . I lost all of mine
smile.gif

Thanks I guess I did mine box wrong. I followed instructions from Brock to the letter but I didn't see where to seal off every whole just the pair valve. What do you do with the hose that goes from the box down to the engine. Do I need to put a little filter on the port or just seal it up as well???

(basscrazy @ Jul. 10 2007,18:42)  What do you do with the hose that goes from the box down to the engine.  Do I need to put a little filter on the port or just seal it up as well???
No , leave it like it left the factory .That hose goes to the crankcase vent tower and it needs be connected to the airbox .

I would leave the drain hole factory as well. It is there to allow any water that gets into the box the ability to drain. I can't see it would serve any useful purpose to block it.

Like Mountain Motor said, don’t plug the crankcase vent up either.

PS: The Brock instructions do not say to block the hole.

Thanks for the clarification Prof. I guess my setup is correct. I will let my buddy know that his installation is incorrect.....

Back