Air Traffic Controllers

Yup, Santa Monica Tower.

How long have you been in the FAA BAMBOOBUSA??
biggrin.gif
I hired on Aug. of 1984.  I've got 1year 10 months and 26 days until retirement. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll have alot more time to ride. It's great that we can retire so early and young.(50) And many people even younger, will you be one of them?
 Before I became a controller I lived in Hawthorn Ca. for 6 months. How can you stand all the traffic around there? I hated it 23 years ago. From where we lived it would take at least two hours to get to open country and that really bothered me so I moved back to MN. When I was down there I was a director and instructor at a bartending school. I would spend alot of time on the beaches (mostly Manhatten).

<!--EDIT|BAMBOOBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137731526 -->

To keep from getting stressed out, always keep aircraft separation constant or increasing. Putting too many aircaraft on a converging course requires increased focus and workload taking your attention away from scanning all your traffic. Then when you least expect it, an emergency is declared, or the pilot missed the frequency you told him for the next sector, or misunderstands a control instruction and starts a turn or descent near other traffic. Your stress just went from zero to redline.
Coug

Yup, Santa Monica Tower.

How long have you been in the FAA BAMBOOBUSA??
biggrin.gif
I hired on Aug. of 1984.  I've got 1year 10 months and 26 days until retirement. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll have alot more time to ride. It's great that we can retire so early and young.(50) And many people even younger, will you be one of them?
 Before I became a controller I lived in Hawthorn Ca. for 6 months. How can you stand all the traffic around there? I hated it 23 years ago. From where we lived it would take at least two hours to get to open country and that really bothered me so I moved back to MN. When I was down there I was a director and instructor at a bartending school. I would spend alot of time on the beaches (mostly Manhatten).
I've about 13 more yrs until I'm eligible for retirement. But I love the job, so 'll pobably stay until they kick me out the door
biggrin.gif

Yeah, traffic really sucks in LA. I commute to work 3 times a week on the busa because of it. Poor Busa was never meant to be a commuter
sad.gif

biggrin.gif

Back