Air Cleaner Box 2006 LE

sk8snw8s

Registered
Hello Family
Can someone tell me if on the Air Cleaner Box, underneath(bottom) where the hoses plug up there's one toward the front of the air cleaner box (facing forward toward front of frame) is that suppose to be left open with nothing attached for ventilation or should it have that pink clear plug like on the left side of air cleaner box. I notice after taking my air box off and putting it back on no hose was available for that end piece and it had no plug for it either unless it fell off.
Need your help on this family thanks
:please:

As I recall there is a small clear plastic type of bulb with slits in it (presumably for water drainage) and it would be somewaht air tight (the slits close when the air is beign sucked through the box).
All the rest should have hoses.

Mike1180
all my hoses are there and the one pink clear bulb is there too. Underneath i still have that one available near front middle of air box with no hose for it or bulb. Was wonder if anyone else have this and is it to stay open as is or a bulb or hose should be attached. Bike is still running normal though with nothing hooked to it.

Mike1180
all my hoses are there and the one pink clear bulb is there too. Underneath i still have that one available near front middle of air box with no hose for it or bulb. Was wonder if anyone else have this and is it to stay open as is or a bulb or hose should be attached. Bike is still running normal though with nothing hooked to it.

That may be the crankcase vent?
Comes up from the engine directly below the air box, about 8 inches long.

i think i got that one covered mike, if that's the "Z" looking hose that attaches. the opening I'm referring to is on the air box center bottom up near front where air box is screwed down onto frame, not the back where air box is fitted down on injectors.

There is a diaphram where you describe that works the flapper inside the box.
If the box has had the "small box mod" done, as described in the DIY Maintenance section Flapper removed), then the hose may have been removed.
If no mod, then the hose should still be there.

Back