Air box mod

OTTBUSA

Registered
I installed a K&N filter along with bolt on dual yosh RS-3 race cans, if I do the air box mod will I need to do anything else?

<!--EDIT|OTTBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098284461 -->

What do you mean?

Airbox wise or mod wise?

If you are talking about the airbox, just cut it out and do the small box mod.

As far as other mods, some will say you need a PCIIIR and some will say NO. It just depends what you are looking to do.

Do you have any other mods planned in the future? If so....the PCIIIR wouldn't be a bad upgrade though you probably don't need it right now.

I hope I helped....not sure if I answered what you were asking!?!?!
rock.gif

I'm talking about the Air box mod I believe it will squeeze a few more ponies and will you explain what is the purpose of pcIIIR and what it is.

PC stands for Power Commander! http://www.powercommander.com/

This is a quick rundown of it's purpose from the PC site:

""The PC is a fuel injection and ignition timing (on some models) adjustment unit that plugs "inline" with the bikes' stock ECU. The PC uses original equipment style connectors so that no splicing or cutting of the harness is required. Most installations take less than 15 minutes, some as little as 5 minutes. Changes are made to the bikes fuel and ignition curves via the PC's onboard microprocessor. Using this technology we are able to offer a large area of adjustment without making any permanent changes to the bikes' ECU (electronic control unit). Removing the PC returns the bike to its previous stock condition. The Power Commander can be ordered preprogrammed with a your choice of several settings, based on the modifications to your bike. The unit also comes complete with software and cable link that allows you to change between different maps or make adjustments to a map file.""

It will tune your bike to get the most POWER out of your mods. Kind of like a custom tuned chip in a car or even a computer flash but this just plugs in. Some people think you need it with bolt-on(slip-on) exhaust while others don't. With a full system, I say it's a must for maximum POWER increase. You will also need it with a TURBO, BigBore, N2O, etc....
wink.gif

Hope this helps......also feel free to use the SEARCH function for any other mods you are looking at and check out the FAQ....(Freq. Asked Questions) for more info.

Josh
cool.gif

Thanks Josh this just what I needed, I notice since I installed the Yosh RS-3 race cans I have more back fire so maybe it will not hurt to add a PCIIIR, again thanks for the info.

From what I understand smallbox mod takes from the low and gives to the high end or vice versa. Doesn't really add power, like changing teeth on sprockets.

From what I understand smallbox mod takes from the low and gives to the high end or vice versa.  Doesn't really add power, like changing teeth on sprockets.
Ya....you will need a PAIR mod to get rid of the backfiring.

On a stock bike, YES the small box takes a little from the LOW end and improves the HIGH but....

..on a basic upgrade BUSA (Pipe, PC, Pair, etc...) the small box will help across the Power band LOW/MID/HIGH!  

BDE has tested it on the track and the Dyno and it has been proven better everywhere over the stock box.

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098411045 -->

Now, how hard is it to install the pair mod, can I do it with out any major mechanical knowledge?

and before I forget just want to say thanks bro's this is like having a detail manual glad I didn't by that VROD after all, I enjoy working on my metal dragon having a busa and busa brothers really set you apart, I notice even Harley guys kinda give the busa respect, they might claim not to know much about metric bikes but the know the Hayabusa.

Thanks for all the info, I'm really glad to have you guys setting me in the right path, I will order the pair block-offs, now what about the PCIIIR, will it be necesary and if so where in hell do I find that hightech piece of equipment cheaper, owning a busa seems at times like owning an exotic car.

Looks like everyone covered what you need!

But ya....you can get the PC's for around $300-350 if you shop around. The PAIR mod is easy. It will be a little tougher without having the header off but you can still get in there to do it.

As far as the radiator, don't completely remove it, just take out the bolts and swing it forward. Once you swing it forward against the tire, that should give you the extra room to get in and to what you need.

Josh
cool.gif

Thanks Bro's, so just to let all this info sink in, I will do the pair block off and see if that will take care of the back fire before I jump in to jetting it out, I will post some pic and you guys know how did it all go.

Thanks Bro's, so just to let all this info sink in, I will do the pair block off and see if that will take care of the back fire before I jump in to jetting it out, I will post some pic and you guys know how did it all go.
Just so we are talking about the same thing.....

Most of the newer bikes have EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) and don't use jets (Carb. bike only has jetting). The PCIIIR electronically does the same thing that jets use to do. So the BUSA has NO-Jets!

Just making sure you don't get confussed when you want to up the power a little more. Now if you are talking about jetting as in "going out and blasting(hauling a**)," then carry on!

Back