Ain't This A Booger

HoboJoe

Registered
Now that I've got The Beast home.......I can't get off the chair. It's been such a draining experience, both emotionally and otherwise, that now......I Got Nuthin! However she needs a Bath. Duty Calls

If the weather is nice enough to wash it, it's nice enough to ride it. Open that throttle a few times and you will not be tired any more.

Oh, my apologies to the Board......I did just that but just around the development. To get a feel. I can tell already it's more than I anticipated. Good. Start by building a healthy respect for it. Or you'll regret it. Do have a question though. Where should the levels be in the Oil sight glass? Same for the Brake fluid reservoir?They seem low to me but the Idiot Light is not on and it seems to stop well enough. At slow speeds at least. Thanks

Oil level should be between the two lines with the bike standing straight up. There is a full line inside the reservoir adopt 3/4 the up, or right at the top of the window.

Oil level should be between the two lines with the bike standing straight up. There is a full line inside the reservoir adopt 3/4 the up, or right at the top of the window.

And it should look like fine honey....with Amsoil. :)

And the Break fluid should be??? Also, at what temp does yours level off at. New Radiator in this one and it steadies at just less than halfway up the dial.

One more thing. Apparently this fella liked the Break lever a bit to the nose. So the reservoir is a bit tilted. Don't think you can get a good read on the level like that. Agreed???

As long as it has fluid above the min level in the sight glass you should be Ok. Glad you found a bird to call yours. Keep asking questions, we are here to help.

One more thing. Apparently this fella liked the Break lever a bit to the nose. So the reservoir is a bit tilted. Don't think you can get a good read on the level like that. Agreed???

You should rotate and slide the brake and clutch levers anyway. To whatever position they best fit your hands.

LOL, I look at mine every day as it sits on its stands. But, that seems to be as far as I get these days.

Back