Advice Needed on Roadlock Application!!!!!!!!

GNBRETT

Registered
I have a Gen 1 (2005) and wanted to buy the Roadlock setup for my front wheel. well, they dont have an application for the Gen 1. they only offer if for the Gen 2.:banghead:

as you can see they only offer the Roadlock for the rear.... Motorcycle Locks for Hayabusa. (I already have the rear)

when you jump to 2008 they offer it in a built in caliper and an add-on (XR-308)..... Motorcycle Locks for Hayabusa 2008

I spoke with a rep at Roadlok who was absolutely clueless and worthless....:whistle: I said when you click on add-on application you have a picture of a Gen 2 Hayabusa but list 1999-2007 and then only offer the rear in the GEN 1 but whatever....:whistle: he said if I had Brembo's the add-on would work. will I need Brembo's WITH 2008 forks or if I bought Brembo's for my Gen 1 would the add-on XR-308 work with it and fit?

the retard at Roadlok didnt seem to have any idea and as I said was absolutely worthless so I was wondering if anyone here might have a solution or a clue????

Just out of curiosity, if you already have the rear installed, wouldn't you run the risk of forgeting one or the other?
From a mechanical stand point, if you are upgrading to Brembos with GEN I forks, then for the brembos, you will need the attachment adapters because of the rear facing bolts, but then the GEN II Arachnid would work. If you go the GEN II forks route, Then it would work with the rear facing bolts for the TOHICO calipers on the Gen II. Not sure if that helps?

MCM

I have a Gen 1 (2005) and wanted to buy the Roadlock setup for my front wheel. well, they dont have an application for the Gen 1. they only offer if for the Gen 2.:banghead:

as you can see they only offer the Roadlock for the rear.... Motorcycle Locks for Hayabusa. (I already have the rear)

when you jump to 2008 they offer it in a built in caliper and an add-on (XR-308)..... Motorcycle Locks for Hayabusa 2008

I spoke with a rep at Roadlok who was absolutely clueless and worthless....:whistle: I said when you click on add-on application you have a picture of a Gen 2 Hayabusa but list 1999-2007 and then only offer the rear in the GEN 1 but whatever....:whistle: he said if I had Brembo's the add-on would work. will I need Brembo's WITH 2008 forks or if I bought Brembo's for my Gen 1 would the add-on XR-308 work with it and fit?

the retard at Roadlok didnt seem to have any idea and as I said was absolutely worthless so I was wondering if anyone here might have a solution or a clue????

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of work and money, only because you already have the rear. 99 % of the time my bike is in secured parking, garaged, roomed, or in sight. Insurance brother, insurance.

Just out of curiosity, if you already have the rear installed, wouldn't you run the risk of forgeting one or the other?
From a mechanical stand point, if you are upgrading to Brembos with GEN I forks, then for the brembos, you will need the attachment adapters because of the rear facing bolts, but then the GEN II Arachnid would work. If you go the GEN II forks route, Then it would work with the rear facing bolts for the TOHICO calipers on the Gen II. Not sure if that helps?

MCM
that was helpful thanx. ok, so if I got the Brembo caliper I guess XRA-308 add-on will fit on the Brembo caliper itself but what I dont know is if the disc bolt holes will line up? as long as they were close I could make it fit by simply drilling the bolt holes out larger. I had to do that with the rear bolt holes cause they are designed to work with stock rotors.

I just dont know if the rotor would align up and fit over the Roadloc device itself.

Ahhh, I am not sure about that, since you are running aftermarket rotors? I am running a rear Galfer and have to drill out the holes like you mention... which rotors are you using?

that was helpful thanx. ok, so if I got the Brembo caliper I guess XRA-308 add-on will fit on the Brembo caliper itself but what I dont know is if the disc bolt holes will line up? as long as they were close I could make it fit by simply drilling the bolt holes out larger. I had to do that with the rear bolt holes cause they are designed to work with stock rotors.

I just dont know if the rotor would align up and fit over the Roadloc device itself.

Ahhh, I am not sure about that, since you are running aftermarket rotors? I am running a rear Galfer and have to drill out the holes like you mention... which rotors are you using?
im running the EBC Contour Rotors front and rear.

I guess I would not really know unless I bought the Brembo rotor and mocked it up to see if it would line up. I was tryn to get rid of having to use my rear Roadlok and just have a front one but worst case scenerio ill just have to keep the rear. just not crazy about having that extra weight back there but I must admit I do feel much more secure when I step away from my bike at shows and what not cause it is a pretty beefy piece.

I have a close friend who use to be a real chithead back in the day (20 yrs ago) and use to steal cars, bikes, whatever and I showed him the Roadlok setup I have on the rear and even he said he would have a tough time defeating that without totally destroying the rotor.

I showed him the Roadlok setup I have on the rear and even he said he would have a tough time defeating that without totally destroying the rotor.

No need to destroy the rotor if thief has a van and a helping hand....and about 15 seconds

No need to destroy the rotor if thief has a van and a helping hand....and about 15 seconds

ur only hope is lojack then. I have yet to leave my bikes site but maybe once or twice at a bike show. but ya nvr know do ya....:guns:

Back