Advance Auto Parts is dirty!

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
So I went to advance cause they are usually cheaper to get some things from even though AutoZone has a 10% military discount. Anyways I was getting some lift supports for the hatch for my mothers Jeep Cherokee cause hers were shot and not working. I go to Advance and he looks up the parts and doesnt have them but his other store about 15 minutes away does. He called and confirmed that they had them and said i can pay for them there and go pick them up. I said Nah ill just stop at autozone that is a few places down and if they dont have them Ill head to their other store. The old gentleman then says he would call autozone for me ??? which struck me as weird. So he calls real quick and says AutoZone "didnt have them". I was like ohhhhkay... So i left and got in my moms jeep and for the hell of it I called the autozone myself. Autozone did have them :rofl:. So the Advance guy lied to me to get me to go to his other store and buy them... Thats pretty dirty in my opinion :laugh:. So i just went to the AutoZone and got my parts :moon:. The guy at Advance didnt have to lie to me like that just to get me to not go to Autozone...

What has happened to morals? Just for people to lie like that so fast without remorse...

They all make mistakes .AutoZone sold me the wrong shocks for my Van and I bounced 1300 miles from Jersey To Florida :rofl:

They all make mistakes .AutoZone sold me the wrong shocks for my Van and I bounced 1300 miles from Jersey To Florida :rofl:

Yeah i know. Its just the morals of people nowadays will lie to your face and make a fake phone call right in front of me...

I dont think i mentioned the fake phone call he did...

I would have gone back to Advance and shown him the lifts and said "How do you like that? AutoZone had exactly what I needed. Someone over there is pulling your chain."

heh, I worked for advanced auto parts for 2 years. That isnt part of the procedures but you do get graded on sales and daily sales average...

a tad shady if you ask me.

a tad shady if you ask me.

I know its not Advance's fault and I will still be shopping there cause i can get things there cheaper than AutoZone. Its just shady character on that guy is all... Once again building up to why I dont trust anyone...

i never go to any of those places. autozone advance etc. I have had nothing but problems out of everything I buy from places like these. Outside of like oil or plugs. the stuff thats name brand that is the same no matter were you get it. I mean I just replaced a car battery for my jeep that was a gold duralast whatever that lasted about 3 years and just suddenly died. Went and got an interstate to replace it.

i never go to any of those places. autozone advance etc. I have had nothing but problems out of everything I buy from places like these. Outside of like oil or plugs. the stuff thats name brand that is the same no matter were you get it. I mean I just replaced a car battery for my jeep that was a gold duralast whatever that lasted about 3 years and just suddenly died. Went and got an interstate to replace it.

You should of took it back to Autozone, it has a 3 year free replacement warranty and a 5 year prorate after that. Also Interstate is basically the same as the duralast gold you replaced, both are made by Johnson Controls.

My wife says.......Go online and complain to the corporate contact. You will get your a$$ kissed and probably get all kinds of discounts. They(HQ) need to hear these types of complaints. If no one complains, they don't know it happens!

Back