adams performance swingarms?

card16969

Registered
I was wondering if anybody has used Adams Performance swingarms. They seem like a really good deal, i dont drag race and am looking for a 4-6 over arm and for $650 this seems like a really good deal... Ive been considdering extensions but for 300 for weld in or bolt on its half the price of a complete arm!

Adams Sportsman Chromoly SwingArm

Swing-Arm%20Sportsman-2.jpg

I heard some bad things in the past about Adams, but not sure if it is the same company.

Macintosh has an excellent reputation for quality and service!

I heard some bad things in the past about Adams, but not sure if it is the same company.

Macintosh has an excellent reputation for quality and service!

heres mcintosh's budget arm i guess you could call it, im wondering if there is a brake mount that doesnt need a brake bar for this arm... i have to say i dont know if i like the 4 hole setup on the side and it doesnt tell you how far over the arm is if it does i missed it somewhere. It says it has 4" of adjustment but doesnt tell you how much stretch.

McIntosh Machine and Fabrication

heres mcintosh's budget arm i guess you could call it, im wondering if there is a brake mount that doesnt need a brake bar for this arm... i have to say i dont know if i like the 4 hole setup on the side and it doesnt tell you how far over the arm is if it does i missed it somewhere. It says it has 4" of adjustment but doesnt tell you how much stretch.

McIntosh Machine and Fabrication

A brake bar is a better setup. The 4 hole adjusters keep you from having a huge amount of thread showing seems to me it would be a better setup and keeps from having a huge hole from being exposed. They are built to length.

If you want adams or whomever just get it, terry has a successful business without advertising for a reason, it seems like your mind is already made up though.

A brake bar is a better setup. The 4 hole adjusters keep you from having a huge amount of thread showing seems to me it would be a better setup and keeps from having a huge hole from being exposed. They are built to length.

If you want adams or whomever just get it, terry has a successful business without advertising for a reason, it seems like your mind is already made up though.

No its not made up at all actually, ive never ordered an aftermarket arm so im doing research and trying to learn.

Have you heard of Evil Swingarms? They got pretty good reviews on a couple other forums but not much buzz here??? Any opinions.............

Give terry a call just to talk to him. He will steer you in the right direction. They are having a sell right now too.

image-1925203025.jpg

Give terry a call just to talk to him. He will steer you in the right direction. They are having a sell right now too.

I was about to post that sale. that would be a pretty strong influence, arguably the best arms out there for a cheap price.

Have you heard of Evil Swingarms? They got pretty good reviews on a couple other forums but not much buzz here??? Any opinions.............

Never heard of them but i will look into them, im new to aftermarket arms so this is all a learning experience!

My friend has an Evil arm. It seems like a nice piece.

Exoticycle makes brake hangers that do not require the use of the brake bar. I have one and like it, seems to clean up the rear of the bike.

Thanks!!! I like hearing good things about companies, ive always heard about their drag race arms just never about their low end. When looking at their site was just kind of put off by the little things like that it didnt come with a chain guide etc that most other arms seem to all come with etc. Im trying to make sure im making the right decision because i dont like doing things more than once. Thanks for the help.

I was about to post that sale. that would be a pretty strong influence, arguably the best arms out there for a cheap price.

I hope they have another sale around the spring, trying to find a new job and afford christmas before then. But deffinately interested thats for sure, i appreciate the advice im trying to be an informed buyer instead of just jumping in.

My friend has an Evil arm. It seems like a nice piece.

Exoticycle makes brake hangers that do not require the use of the brake bar. I have one and like it, seems to clean up the rear of the bike.

Awesome, your the first person that ive known to actually use one of the brake hangers so its good to hear good things about them. I agree that it cleans up the look alot.

Awesome, your the first person that ive known to actually use one of the brake hangers so its good to hear good things about them. I agree that it cleans up the look alot.

Fiend and a few others have used them. Thats the reason I wouldn't use the evil or adams arm, that brake tab just looks like an afterthought imho. Its bolted to nothing but the caliper and just rests on the arm

Fiend and a few others have used them. Thats the reason I wouldn't use the evil or adams arm, that brake tab just looks like an afterthought imho. Its bolted to nothing but the caliper and just rests on the arm

Ive never used one but like the looks of them and i only ever use the rear brake when its an emergency situation, theres always too much loose stuff on the road here and hitting the rear brake it likes to slide. Whats the reason that you wouldnt use the evil or adams arms?

When your ready to buy, call me if you have questions or want help..

Thanks i appreciate it, im trying to learn as much as i can about the differences in arms materials etc so i actually know why im buying it instead of just buying what so and so tells me. Thats why i love this site so much theres guys like you who have used so many different parts and have real life experience.

Back