About time. New busa!

I break an engine in how I plan to drive it.Dont have to worry about most cams now a days because they are rollers and dont need break in time and rings shouldnt take much to seat in as long as they are honed right.Arent most bike sleeves plated.I believe if the engine is going to break, its going to break if broken in easy or hard and I think if you build it right it wont break.I build lots of motors and non have broken from me beating the piss out of them.

Thats what most people have been saying. To grip it and rip it. I will probabley go that route. I do plan on running up the rpms and then engine breaking for about 20 minutes. I have read consistantly that that helps seat the rings and all that good stuff. After those 20 minutes I will still try to vary the speed and rpms.

Going to be fun. If everything goes right I will drive it home next week. But, today I went around to a few insurance companys in my town to get an idea of what I would have to pay. The progressive lady would not even show me her quote. She said that she must have entered the information in wrong. The cheapest that I found was State Farm and that was around 470 for 6 months. Im 27 with a clean record. I though it would be lower than that. And I found out that State Farm in Georgia will not bundle home and other vehicles for a discount. Dont really understand that.. but o'well. ???

I am signing the papers tomorrow morning. :laugh: I really hope the rain holds off or it's going to be a wet ride home. But I am willing to ride in the rain. If I don't get it tomorrow I won't be able to get it until Tuesday. I would be sick waiting. Haha.

do you have a helmet?

Yea I have a helment. Haha. Just no leather yet. I have been riding for a while, but I always borrowed my dads Honda Valkyrie. Totally different bike. I rode my neighbors GSXR 1000 a few times. He wanted to drive my 86 mustang. We would trade vehicles sometimes.

First ride over 80 miles one way. About to eat some lunch and get my taxes done. Then ride back home. Amazing bike. I'm very happy with it so far. :laugh:

First ride over 80 miles one way. About to eat some lunch and get my taxes done. Then ride back home. Amazing bike. I'm very happy with it so far. :laugh:

woo-hoo, congrats. now hurry up and post pics before the pic nazis gang up on ya :) :whistle:

Doesn't sound like there is a bad way to break it in. Glad that is not going to be a problem. One more question. I have sat on a few busa's but never tested on out. I have read alot and they are good for big riders. I'm 6'3 and 285lbs. Do y'all think I need to worry about any modifications for leg or foot room or anything. I don't have a gut that will hit the gas tank, I still work out and stay in shape. No more free weights since I dont play football abymore. Just Bowflex these days.

Welcome and congratulations! 285lbs :eek: Looks like you are ready for the Olympia this year..lol Looking forward to the pics. Go easy on the new tires for the first 100 miles. Remember they are slick when new. :thumbup:

Don't get discouraged if you can't ride it much more than 20 minutes at a time when you first ride it. Your body will take time to adjust to the riding position. You can mitigate that with helibars/riser and buell pegs (try "search" for plenty of explanation), but seat time is the only way to truly conquer it. Good luck be safe not stupid live longer.

Haha. Amazing bike. Wife said I have not stopped smiling yet. :laugh: 150 miles done first day of riding new busa. This bike is more comfortable than my dads Honda valkyrie. but I think the only thing I need to adjust now is around my feet. I wear a size 15 boot so I do not have a lot of room. Not sure what options I can do for this. Ok now let me post some pictures. Just got to figure out how first.

Welcome and congratulations! 285lbs :eek: Looks like you are ready for the Olympia this year..lol Looking forward to the pics. Go easy on the new tires for the first 100 miles. Remember they are slick when new. :thumbup:

A few pictures are up. Just taken with cell phones. Hopefully will get some better ones later. Olympia? ??? explain please. By the way the first 100 miles went by before lunch. I have to work the next two days and I am going to be watching the clock and waiting to clock out and get a few more miles on the seat tomorrow.

I tried a couple times to get the pictures uploaded but I kept getting an error message. I will try again tomorrow if I have time between work and riding.

Just over 500 miles on my buss since Friday. I have a 500 mile check up scheduled for Friday, anything I need to tell them to check specifically? And what type of oil do I need to use? 2012 busa

Back