aaahhh  beaufitul afternooon of ridin'

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Temperature was a brisk 40 something and mostly cloud cover, which leads to colder wind chills, but me and my 636 buddy were chompin at the bit to hit the streets. suited up in the long johns, leathers and scarf, and powered up the beast. always love hearing that rumble! waited for warm up and start up the parkign lot slowly, noticing the sheen of moisture coating the roads.... gunned it just a tad and it spun and squirted out the the right, so I quickly let off and it locked on again and I continued my slow ride. couple hours later the roads were dry and clear and we went zipping around our paved country roads with cautious speeds for the extra moisture, sand, gravel, dirt, maybe even ice.... but it was worth it. after 70 miles or so, my hands were numb from the cold and we headed back into town, where I proceeded to pick up my standard 1 choclate chip cookie from Subway [tm] and my friend and I switched bikes. His 636 bars swing low and the bike is light, peppy and powerful. felt like a toy under me it was so tiny, but it handles great and sounds like an F1 racer when revved up. being used to the Busa, I'd peg open the throttle on his 636 most of the time.... he was hesitant to open the bus and rightfully so - he's not an idiot.
It was fun and we had a couple hours of sunlight before the sun started dropping at 4 FREAKIN 30 and the temperature started dropping noticably. fun fun fun! and no accidents
smile.gif

Glad to hear about a great ride! It makes for a nice change of pace, instead of all of the bad ones. Congrats on a good day!
smile.gif

I just got back in myself. I was riding with a friend with a 03' Gsx1000r. It was a great ride. Got the Busa up to about 170 and every thing was just right. Also got that last 1/8'' of the right side of my back wheel scuffed nice. My friend ended up with a leaky radiator but,overall it was a good day!!!!

Great day for riding and every one made it back safe and sound except for a minor chill and rad problem but all in all a great ride and great way to start off the New Year!

Thumbs up on the New Year's ride WWJD. I rode some on 12/31 and 1/1. Looking to ride some this afternoon also if the rain stops as it's supposed to be mid-50's.

Yeah I got out for a quickie as well. Who would have thought that we could ride in the Northeast on January 1st! I was great just unwinding for a bit, something I dont get to do in the Winter up here .
smile.gif

Yep......I thought I'd have Seabiscuit in the garage all winter until March with the Battery Tender attached to him.

NOT!!!

Had her out several times in the past few days. Chicago hasn't been too cold. Lots of 40+ degree days. But next week....the single freakin digit stuff arrives....and she may be in the garage for a few weeks. Will start her up though to keep her lubed!

Good to hear a little brisk weather ain't keepin us down.

Good for you WWJD.
biggrin.gif

Not many days left to ride.
sad.gif

Yep......I thought I'd have Seabiscuit in the garage all winter until March with the Battery Tender attached to him.

NOT!!!

Had her out several times in the past few days. Chicago hasn't been too cold. Lots of 40+ degree days. But next week....the single freakin digit stuff arrives....and she may be in the garage for a few weeks. Will start her up though to keep her lubed!

Good to hear a little brisk weather ain't keepin us down.
I live in Kenosha...just up the road. I'm workin mids so I rode the Busa to work two nights ago, and the Harley last night. Nice thing about mids is that I'm going the opposite direction of most traffic, so it gives me plenty of chances to open the Busa up...to the speed limit of course
laugh.gif

Freezing temps and snow this weekend, so it's probably the last riding we'll get for a while.

Nice thing about mids is that I'm going the opposite direction of most traffic, so it gives me plenty of chances to open the Busa up...to the speed limit of course
laugh.gif
Woohoo! I work 6pm to 3am and the traffic is the same for me. No traffic at 3am.

I got out for a little spin on New Years Eve before going to work. Supposed to be clear today so I get to take the bike to work. Sorry you guys in the frozen north, it's going to be a low of 44 tonight. Brrr!

i too rode for a bit. i can't believe Michigan has no snow on the ground and it was mid 40's today. the roads were wet also, but the first ride on the busa was exhilerating:O

Apparently those of us in the midwest haven't really experienced much of a winter yet as temps in late Dec. early Jan. aren't usually in the 40's and 50's. We'll pay for it though. I'll just ride when I can and bundle up when necessary.

Glad to hear some of us are getting to ride. I got out last week for a quick 50 miles or so before the bad weather set in again. In was nice to be on the beast, if only for a little while. Roads were dry and clear for a little while anyway. We've had snow or freezing weather for about a week now. Counting the days till spring.

just checked our forecast. snow everyday this week and a winter advisory for today and tomarrow. time to put the tender back on. its gonna be a while.:(

Back