A quick trip to LA (Lower Alabama)

I am sure pics will be forth coming, my camera would not work in the arena, but Tom (Jet Li) did very well in the body building competition that was held here in Mobile last night.

He won one category, I think it was the over forty group, and he placed second in another broader category that had 5 finalists!

The 'overall', at least I think that is what it was, had three finalists and Tom was, in my opinion, the best of that lot but they gave the trophy to another guy.

It was a really neat experience, body building is apparently a big deal and I felt like a little girly man among these dudes, heck, even the women in the audience could have taken me in an arm wrestling contest!

I am SURE Don will post up some pics later on, he is riding the SV back to TN today so he is still away from his computer, but I wanted to give the Board a heads up that one of our members did VERY WELL in only his second comptetition and we were lucky enough to have had it in our town!

Oh, one cool twist was that instead of standard type trophys, they gave out these really bad a** Samurai swords to the winners!
So.... now Tom has a Hayabusa and 2 Katanas
laugh.gif
two katanas
laugh.gif

good job, Tom
thumb_up.gif

I was gonna meet you guys but I had a flat tire
whistling.gif
https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=12;t=97083

laugh.gif

Thanks Randy, Dawn, Don, MRS Don, and family for meeting up for lunch Saturday.

Thanks too for coming to the show and supporting me, it really did make a difference to hear ya'll out there.

Man Randy, I scored some great seafood at that little seafood market you directed me to! Left after they took $240.00 of my Washington's, so I will be eating great for the next 3 weeks going into the Gadsden NPC Southeastern show on the 21st!

I really like your place there Randy and Dawn, and Randy, great shop posters!!!!

On the way back to the hotel from the show, stopped by Krispy Kreme, and got a free dozen glazed, the guy behind the counter asked about the show and felt I need not pay in light of my recent caloric deficit! That was real cool. Love donuts, but free ones are soooooo much better!!

Anyway, I am headed back to the kitchen, I hear the chocolate cake, java Chip ice cream, and Oreo Cakesters calling me, oh yeah and the chocolate milk!!!!! Pig out..................

Back