A question for the Oklahoma guys

wv rider

Registered
I was looking at a place in norman for a few months. I was wondering about the area (family friendly, crime, traffic). Any useful information would be appreciated.

Wish I could help you, but I dont know much about the area. The OKC guys will chime in soon.

Norman is good, college town for sure... Where are you going to be working? North side, South?

I like Edmund. Norman is a nice town. Has alot to offer. I'm located in Enid. So anyplace is fun for me. Don't like Crossroads Mall though.

Norman is great. I'm less than a mile from the city line. It is a college town. We run, shop, and eat there quite often.
Traffic? Depends on which way you are going and when, but it is never as bad as most major cities.

Ping me with the specifics and I can tell you more about the exact area. If you are talking the main Mike Monroney location, you might find something closer. It won't be too bad from NW Norman but could be quite a commute from some areas.

I would think that for the Aeronautical center that SW OKC would be the bestest!

Look for a place in Mustang, Norman is too far. Traffic on I-35 is a mess. The I-240 and I-35 is slated for major construction in the near future. You could take surface streets but your commute time will be longer.

DC001.jpgDC002.jpg

7 miles vs 25 miles

DC001.jpg

DC002.jpg

I appreciate the input, but there has to be vacancy. Finding a furnished complex with flexible short term rates with vacancy is the trick, hence Norman. I will continue my search however. I currently commute around an hour so I really wouldn't ignore any of the outlying area. I have never been to Norman and understand there is a large college population. Just looking for a nice quiet low crime area. There is also concern of some new tax law in Okc over short term rentals, so I was wanting to stay out of the city.

Back