a question for gen 2 owners

Most 4-2-1 full systems for Gen2

Thanks for the info, looks like the R-77 seems to be most popular with the org. TRS is rated 89.2 db

Yeah, it looks/sound good and you can get a used one fairly cheap. Also the carbon fiber is very forgiving to the touch, it doesn't get nearly as hot as stainless or titanium. It also runs good with no tune, and runs even better(obviously) with one.

I went with the Akra. The Web site says 97.7 dB +6 over stock. I also took out the baffle. I leave for work at 4:30a and have not gotten a complaint yet!

Link -http://www.akrapovic.com/typo3conf/ext/user_products/mod1/uploads/products/racing_open_single_muffler_exhaust_system_for_the_suzuki_gsx_r_1300_hayabusa_2008_2010_/su_gsx_r1300_hayabusa_racsingle_08_10.pdf

Last edited:
I have a r77 and it is nice and quiet....for the neighbors that is! Youll be fine if you go with it! I get up at 5 am each morning and no issues with upsetting the neighbors!

Gotta give a +1 to the R-77. Its a little louder then stock at low rpms, but barely noticble. Comeing into the neighborhood I dare say you wouldn't notice me unless I dropped a gear and tacked it up to 3grand or so....I am too happy with mine, enough sound to be noticed a little but not enough to be annoying. Plus the weight savings is crazy. I just carted my old pipes to my building out back after about 3 months in the garage and was reminded again on how heavy the stock pipes are. Got a sound bit on you tube also.....

My whole system weighs less than 1 can! Very quiet, Ti force with dual 480mm carbon cans :thumbsup:

Gotta give a +1 to the R-77. Its a little louder then stock at low rpms, but barely noticble. Comeing into the neighborhood I dare say you wouldn't notice me unless I dropped a gear and tacked it up to 3grand or so....I am too happy with mine, enough sound to be noticed a little but not enough to be annoying. Plus the weight savings is crazy. I just carted my old pipes to my building out back after about 3 months in the garage and was reminded again on how heavy the stock pipes are. Got a sound bit on you tube also.....

...did you flash the ECU or use a PC OR STOCK?

Did a lot of reading on it and sent some pms to ppl about it. Quite a few ppl have a full system and no tune with no problem. Its on my list as soon as I find a good place to have it done.

Did a lot of reading on it and sent some pms to ppl about it. Quite a few ppl have a full system and no tune with no problem. Its on my list as soon as I find a good place to have it done.

Cool, I'll try with no tweeks and see first.

I just put on the full R-77 system with a PC V, and it is music, to this beholder anyway. Some popping on hard deceleration ... my buddy has a ZX14 and same popping when hard deceleration @ 5k - 3k.

Getting it tuned & flashed next week just to dial it in.

I just put on the full R-77 system with a PC V, and it is music, to this beholder anyway. Some popping on hard deceleration ... my buddy has a ZX14 and same popping when hard deceleration @ 5k - 3k.

Getting it tuned & flashed next week just to dial it in.

I thought the PC V is so you wouldn't need to flash...I'm confused???

B.

I thought the PC V is so you wouldn't need to flash...I'm confused???

B.

Frank of Powerhouse Motorcycle's will set you straight - he's one of Petrik's "flashers" located in Long Island. I thought the same, then talked to him. Apparently, all the desired de-limiting and re-timing can be accomplished via flashing to be complimented by a precise custom A/F map for each gear. I'll be more informed (and better tuned) after next Thursday, and will pass on what I learn.

PC V can't touch the rpm limiter, factory timing de-tuning, pair valves (emissions), top speed limiter. All it does is the A/F ratios.

Intricate story simple, from a respected pro tuner, having an ecu flash with the PC is a great way to go.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engine-performance-mods/121648-ecu-flash-dyno-tune.html#post2229377

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/133771-turbo-not-turbo.html#post2432433

I dont know the db on my yosh system but it is quieter than my old oval or tri-oval. My buddies say it becomes loud when I jump on it, but just cruising or idling is rather tame.

Carbon Seat 002b.JPG

I dont know the db on my yosh system but it is quieter than my old oval or tri-oval. My buddies say it becomes loud when I jump on it, but just cruising or idling is rather tame.

I have the same bike and color, so that's exactly what it will look like, and that's a carbon tri-oval?

B.

Frank of Powerhouse Motorcycle's will set you straight - he's one of Petrik's "flashers" located in Long Island. I thought the same, then talked to him. Apparently, all the desired de-limiting and re-timing can be accomplished via flashing to be complimented by a precise custom A/F map for each gear. I'll be more informed (and better tuned) after next Thursday, and will pass on what I learn.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engine-performance-mods/121648-ecu-flash-dyno-tune.html#post2229377

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/133771-turbo-not-turbo.html#post2432433

man ... i'm bummed. got a call this evening from Frank - it's too effin hot to run the dyno or for the poor guy to be cooped up in the dyno box so gotta wait till next Friday, assuming the heat has abated. It's been triple digits around here!

I'll post any insights re: flashing/PCV then.

man ... i'm bummed. got a call this evening from Frank - it's too effin hot to run the dyno or for the poor guy to be cooped up in the dyno box so gotta wait till next Friday, assuming the heat has abated. It's been triple digits around here!

I'll post any insights re: flashing/PCV then.

Bummer, it just rains in Seattle. Except now we have a bright yellow disc in the sky, I'm told its call the Sun.:laugh:

I have the same bike and color, so that's exactly what it will look like, and that's a carbon tri-oval?

B.

Also a blue/gold owner here, with Yosh TRC CF slip-ons. Already came with the bike when I bought it so no complaints here (also like the sound, looks and weight-savings).

Back