a question for gen 2 owners

btucker

Registered
I've got an '08, want to loose some weight on the exhaust but keep the neighbors happy. So my plan is a yosh 4 into 1 header and slip back on one of the stock cans. Anybody think/know if all will fit?

Thanks,
Byron

the yosh trs isn't loud at all but it adds like no power either

also cheap metal turns black in the front

busa-1.jpg

i know you said gen2 guys, sorry hehe

Last edited:
You might be able to come up with a fabricated reducer piece.. would be different for sure. You might not want all that weight on just the one side.

You might be able to come up with a fabricated reducer piece.. would be different for sure. You might not want all that weight on just the one side.

I was hoping the O.D.s would be similar, I've gone to muffler shops and had pipes expanded to fit non stock stuff before. Yeah on the weight, I wonder if you could feel it. What do you think, one stock can is 5lbs over a slip on?

B.

The stock pipe is way smaller diameter than all the headers I have seen. As far as weight the stock can is heavy compared to a aftermarket muffler and I think you would feel the difference when on the twisties.

The stock pipe is way smaller diameter than all the headers I have seen. As far as weight the stock can is heavy compared to a aftermarket muffler and I think you would feel the difference when on the twisties.

Damn, I really want to keep it quiet, you'd think there is a market for a can like that. ???

Most pipes (Yosh but forget particular can design number) are quite mild mannered in a neighborhood - yet wake up nicely when over a handful of RPM's.

Most pipes (Yosh but forget particular can design number) are quite mild mannered in a neighborhood - yet wake up nicely when over a handful of RPM's.

I know you can get a R-77 with some removable baffle, wonder if that works.
I really don't care about the power, there's plenty...but she's a big-boned girl that needs to get on Jenny Craig.:laugh:

Most 4-2-1 full systems for Gen2 (that are full length and full can) are similiar in decibel ratings. Like the full R77 mentioned, it's really quiet, and not much louder with the baffle removed. The full stock system on Gen2 is around 48 lbs, average aftermarket full system is around 15 lbs. I think the gen2 mufflers are 15 to 17 lbs a piece. Each aftermarket slip on is gonna be around 1/3 of that weight.
Most manufacturers will post a decibel rating of their exhausts on there homepage, and Yoshimura's also shows the stock rating. You would be better off to look at many exhausts and decibel ratings and then pick the one you liked the looks of. Of course many sound similiar, and some sound noticeably different. The only way is to hear it in person, sound clips give you an idea, but will never be the same. Go to a dragstrip, walk around, ask folks to rev their's up for you.
Brock's Alienhead is one of the louder more powerful systems out there, but is suprisingly quiet and mellow at low and cruising rpm's, but get on it and it gets loud.
Also a full system is a good choice because it will get rid of the catalytic convertor, which is cookin your feet more than you realize.
After you have narrowed it down to a few systems, look here and on ebay, you can get something that's like new for around half price. You also will not need a power commander or a dyno tune, the bike will run fine and safely without them. However, if you can afford it, a good tune will always smooth out the power and gain a few hp.:beerchug:

Back