A new one from Austria

eddytherunner

Registered
Hello, my name is Edi and I am 54 years old.
I have been riding motorcycles for 35 years, mostly Honda (VFR, CBR1000F, X11..), Suzuki for 1 year (first Hayabusa 2006 and now a black 2021 since June).
I've known the forum for a long time and read along diligently, now it's time to introduce myself.
Have a nice day everyone and wait for spring, greetings Edi.

Howdy and welcome to the forum...

If you have the opportunity, a few pictures would be great.
Hello ! some pictures:

haya_with_payramid_hugger.jpg

haya-sleeping.jpg

haya-new.jpg

Right Bavaria....
There was a time......it was all germany :D No problem mate! :D

So a warm welcome to you Eddy! Have fun with your Busa and here with the ladys and gentleman!

Und in deutsch gibts die Doppelpackung! Herzlich Willkommen in der illustren Gruppe hier, wirklich toll bei den Amigos aus Übersee! Feines Möpi hast du da, aber kannst du mir einen Gefallen tun, leuchte mal mit einer Lampe durch deine Seitenverkleidung und sag mir ob du glatte, glänzende Krümmer hast! Ich bin aktuell etwas schockiert. Keine Regenfahrt, trockene gut gelüftete Garage und meine Krümmer sind alle samit mit rotem Flugrost überzogen...sowas kenne ich bei Edelstahl sonst nicht. Also entweder jemand sprüht die heimlich mit Salz ein oder die Qualität ist...naja...nicht sooooooooooooooooo dolle (diplomatisch ausgedrückt".

LG Rubby

Welcome Eddy from another Austrian (dual nationality) who left in 1952 - still have lots of relatives there. Kept riding through the winter here - years are running out so got to make the most of it - weather not too bad in southern UK.

Welcome Edi ! Greetings from Canada !
Fairly new here (going on year 4) and this is the place to come for lots of great advice / tips / used and new parts (pick one !)
I have not had the pleasure to cross paths with any of my fellow members - but this is a great family and we’re very lucky to have a well run site like this to hang around !!

So a warm welcome to you Eddy! Have fun with your Busa and here with the ladys and gentleman!

Und in deutsch gibts die Doppelpackung! Herzlich Willkommen in der illustren Gruppe hier, wirklich toll bei den Amigos aus Übersee! Feines Möpi hast du da, aber kannst du mir einen Gefallen tun, leuchte mal mit einer Lampe durch deine Seitenverkleidung und sag mir ob du glatte, glänzende Krümmer hast! Ich bin aktuell etwas schockiert. Keine Regenfahrt, trockene gut gelüftete Garage und meine Krümmer sind alle samit mit rotem Flugrost überzogen...sowas kenne ich bei Edelstahl sonst nicht. Also entweder jemand sprüht die heimlich mit Salz ein oder die Qualität ist...naja...nicht sooooooooooooooooo dolle (diplomatisch ausgedrückt".

LG Rubby
schönen guten Morgen !
ich bin einmal im Regen gefahren und meine Krümmer-Rohre glänzen auch nicht sondern sind eher bräunlich.
mich stört das nicht, bin das von meiner alten CB1300 so gewohnt.
lg, edi

in english via google-trans:
good Morning !
I drove in the rain once and my exhaust manifold pipes aren't shiny either, they're more of a brownish hue.
It doesn't bother me, I'm used to it from my old CB1300.
greetings, edi

LG Rubby

hi rabbit

ever tested the maifold with a magnet? stainless is not magnetic ;)

and suzuki never took stainless steel till 2019 - neither at gen1 nor at gen2.

why should they at gen3 choose stainless ? same weight but much more expensive.

and - all gen1 or 2 manifolds, some less some more, are rusty.

Thank you for the warm welcome

View attachment 1646974
Wunderschöner Hund! Fast wie meiner, der auch immer mit in die Garage gehen will und dort "Wache" hält! Deine Busa scheint es wirklich richtig warm und gemütlich zu haben, fast ist sie zu beneiden! Sowas würde ich mir auch wünschen, im Winter in die kalte Garage gehen ist doch immer recht mühsam!

In english:

A beautiful dog. Mine always likes to go into the garage and keep watch there! Your Busa is doing really well, looks nice and dry and warm! Going into the cold garage is always so tedious in winter, I really envy you! :)
hi rabbit

ever tested the maifold with a magnet? stainless is not magnetic ;)

and suzuki never took stainless steel till 2019 - neither at gen1 nor at gen2.

why should they at gen3 choose stainless ? same weight but much more expensive.

and - all gen1 or 2 manifolds, some less some more, are rusty.
Mein Freund ist mir klar, manchmal sagt man zu leichtfertig, "ist doch aus Edelstahl"..was es ja in den seltensten Fällen ist. Ich denke gerne noch an meine Titankrümmer bei der CBR900RR SC44... :D Aber ich bin doch verwundert. Keine Regenfahrt, keine Feuchtigkeit. Die Garage ist gut gelüftet, trocken und es sie steht dort auch allein. Kein Auto das mit Salz, Schnee oder Matsch täglich rein fährt. Erst waren es eingebrannte schwarze Spuren an Kümmer 1 und 2.......dann fing Krümmer 3 ran rötlich mit Flugrost schimmern, jetzt sind alle Krümmer betroffen, man hat das Gefühl, von Woche zu Woche mehr Flugrost drauf zu sehen. Meine Hände sind leider zu klein, sonst würde ich sie mit Metallpolitur reinigen, aber da müsste ich schon die Hände einer kleinen Thai Lady haben! :D Wäre ich viel im Regen gefahren oder im Winter...aber so? Andere Suzukis oder auch meine Fireblade hat in 5 Jahren am gleichen Ort, nicht einen Pickel auf den Krümmern gehabt. Ich dachte hier stimmt was nicht, aber wenns normal ist, bin ich beruhigt. Ist der Pedant in mir....zudem liebe ich dieses Motorrad einfach so abgöttisch, das ich besonders penibel bin! :D

in english:

My friend it is clear to me that sometimes, one says too carelessly, "it's made of stainless steel"..which it is in the rarest of cases. I still like to think of my titanium mainfolds on the CBR900RR SC44... :D But I'm surprised. No driving in the rain, no moisture. The garage is well ventilated, dry and it stands alone there. No car that drives in with salt, snow or mud every day. First there were burned-in black marks on manifolds 1 and 2.......then manifold 3 started to shimmer reddish with rust film, now all manifolds are affected, i have the feeling of seeing more rust film on it from week to week. Unfortunately, my hands are too small, otherwise I would clean them with metal polish, but I would have to have the hands of a small Thai lady! :D I would have ridden a lot in the rain or in winter...but like this? Other Suzukis or even my Fireblade have not had a pimple on the manifolds in the same place in 5 years. I thought something is wrong here, but if it's normal, I'm reassured. Is the pedant in me... I also love this bike so much that I'm particularly meticulous! :D

Hello, my name is Edi and I am 54 years old.
I have been riding motorcycles for 35 years, mostly Honda (VFR, CBR1000F, X11..), Suzuki for 1 year (first Hayabusa 2006 and now a black 2021 since June).
I've known the forum for a long time and read along diligently, now it's time to introduce myself.
Have a nice day everyone and wait for spring, greetings Edi.
Welcome to the family I’m sure you will love the ride .

Back