A little about my day & some pic's

Pit Bull

Registered
Woke up today with a migraine & had to go to work(don't have much sick & annual - used most of it when my Dad was sick and passed away and my daughter was in the hospital a couple of months ago so I couldn't call in). Anyway, I kept a LOW profile at the prison I work at - the guys I work with are a prety good bunch and covered for me until about 11 am - when I started to shake it. I still felt like crap even after I got home but still managed to get the Busa outside for a couple of pics of me in the new leather I got. It's a Joe Rocket Blaster, the vented model, so I can still wear it when it gets hot out in the Summer months and the colors match my bike and the helmet I got pretty close as well.
It was wet & muddy out when I got home from work but warm for here in Mich.(63 deg.) so I couldn't go for a ride and tomorrow doesn't look good either - when I went outside a few minutes ago to feed my dogs and the wind was blowing at least 40 MPH and it was freezing rain and somewhere in the 30 deg range.
Praying for warmer weather - enjoy the pics

Pit Bull

hayabusa_pics_008.jpg

Hate to hear about the migraine, dude. Folks just can't understand those things unless they've had one. I'd rather be sick a puking my guts out than to have a migraine!

I know you probably don't feel up to editing the pics so I kind of took the liberty to help ya out here a little so your new gear was more visible in the pics. I hope you don't mind. ;)

pitbull_01.jpg

another pic - BTW, the leather pants aren't Joe Rocket, they are Fieldsheer. Left over from when I used to drag race the old H2 kaw that I used to have. The tag says 34's (what size pants I wear, but I got to loose a few lbs of lard I weigh 204 now - weighed about 165-170 back then)...SNUG.

Pit Bull

hayabusa_pics_010.jpg

I meant to say, your lid goes great with your new gear. Did you buy it to match or did you already have it? All the safety stuff also goes well with your bike, man. Nice package goin' on there. :beerchug:

pitbull_02.jpg

Thanks BulletTrain for the editon the pic. I actually came close to puking a couple of times - have had migraines since about 10 yrs old - I'm 40 now but they don't seem as frequent now. Anyway, I'd like to get my Busa to shine a little more like yours, where can I get some of that zaino stuff that you use and how do you apply it?
I got the helmet when I bought the Busa and the jacket a couple of weeks ago. I'm not big on wearing the gear all the time but want it when I go out on a spirited ride or required to as at the drag strip. Doesn't look like I'll have to worry about that for some time with the weather. Guess I'll focus on the mods for it over the winter - going with the Muzzy pipe and getting my swingarm stretched 4-6" for next season.

Pit Bull

Thanks BulletTrain for the editon the pic. I actually came close to puking a couple of times - have had migraines since about 10 yrs old - I'm 40 now but they don't seem as frequent now. Anyway, I'd like to get my Busa to shine a little more like yours, where can I get some of that zaino stuff that you use and how do you apply it?
I got the helmet when I bought the Busa and the jacket a couple of weeks ago. I'm not big on wearing the gear all the time but want it when I go out on a spirited ride or required to as at the drag strip. Doesn't look like I'll have to worry about that for some time with the weather. Guess I'll focus on the mods for it over the winter - going with the Muzzy pipe and getting my swingarm stretched 4-6" for next season.

Pit Bull
No problem on the pics, man. ;) As for the migraine makin' you sick, I've been there, man. I feel your pain! I don't have many of them, but occasionally I have one.

Check out Zaino's site at this link. The site has some excellent tips and tricks on how to get the best results using Zaino. There's also a good FAQ page that answers a lot of first time user questions. If you get some just hit me up and I'll go over everything you need to know to get 'er slicked up. ;)

I hope to hit the track early next season for the first time with my busa. I can't wait! :D

Hey Pit Bull,

I just finished putting a Muzzy Ti Oval exhaust on my bike. I bought it from Johnny Cheese along with a PC3R and he cut me a great deal on both of them. You might check with him. I just got the pipe on and havent had a chance to ride it yet - but it looks great - was easy to install and it sounds awesome. I aslo used the BDE PAIR block off kit - just like Bullet Train and I also added the Muzzy aluminium "high output" fan blade.

Kent Sheldon

Thanks ksheldon for the info. I bought my PC II from JohnnyCheese and talked to him about other mods as well. According to him, the Muzzy is up there with the Hindle, HMF, and Akro for making power and is quite a bit cheaper. I'm going with the Stainless/Aluminum Round can - JC says its the best bang for the buck and the best price I've found so far is at Parts 411, $499.99+ shipping - which is a few bucks cheaper than the price he quoted me - got to do this on a TIGHT budget - still want to get my swingarm stretched 4-6" and dogbones to drop it in the rear, so every buck saved counts for me. Guess I should plan on doing the PAIR mod at the same time. Guess I better signup to work some OT.

Pit Bull

Cool Pics, or should I say cold pics... The one bonus of being up north is that you do get an off season that you can dedicate to mods without wasting riding time... sort of a bonus anyway...

Great pics PitBull!  Gear looks great (damn, I need to get me some!), bike looks great...glad you felt well enough to take some pics...sorry you couldn't ride though...winter's coming, and I hate it...

I'd guess working in a prison doesn't give you much of a chance to sort of hide until a migraine eases up, but it sounds like you've got some good coworkers that understand and helped you out a bit...

I get migraines too...I have a pillow in my office for those really bad days, and everyone can tell when I've got one, so they just leave me alone for a while...oh, and good drugs if I can find 'em!  :)

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068736638 -->

Looks great PB! Matching bucket makes it.

I'm stuck with leathers that don't match the bike. That's what you get for going with the awesome deal.

Hope you feel better soonest!

PB, anyone that has a blue and silver Busa is alright with me. I have the same jacket but mine's black and silver.

Sorry to hear about the migraines, they are a heredity thing in my family. My mom and all three brothers suffer, and yes it is suffering with one of these. It is worth going to your doctor and ask for a prescription of 'Imitrex'. You can get them in pill form (50mg and 100mg) and also as a shot. From the time you take a pill 20-25 minutes later you will start feeling it go away. They are not pain pills and not addictive. I keep one with me at all times.

Now, about your mods, I have some spare aircraft grade aluminum here at the shop so I thought I would make a set of adjustable dog bones. I have enough to make a second set, so if you would like I will send them to you. If you don't want them adjustable, I can just make them to the length you want if you let me know.

No cost, you're on a tight budget. Plenty of busa owners haved helped me for free and I would just like to pass it on.

Take care of those headaches,

It is worth going to your doctor and ask for a prescription of 'Imitrex'. You can get them in pill form (50mg and 100mg) and also as a shot. From the time you take a pill 20-25 minutes later you will start feeling it go away.
The pills work great but if you have to take them too often they can cause you to get more migraines. Fortunately there has only been two separate times in my life when I have had to deal with migraines. Both times I would get them at least once a day for a week or two. I was really glad to get the pills (they aren't cheap though).

Looks great bud. I was out today for a little spin temperature was about 35. A little cool but I'm aiming to get a ride in 12 months out of the year. Quite a feat in Canada. By the way migraines suck.            
                        :drool:

That's some cool riding gear Pit Bull. Looks great with your blue/silver Busa.

I used to ride in nothing but blue jeans when I had my last street bike in the late 80's. I can remember coming down the highway at 145mph on my Vmax wearing nothing but shorts and a muscle shirt :crazy: Guess I've gotten a little wiser with age cause I'm not even going to consider going out without proper riding gear after I get my new Busa. After reading some of the posts on this great forum I'm sold on the leather riding gear.

Back