A gift for the wife....

TurboSN95

Registered
Yeah, its not the prettiest mod, but hopefully the wife will be more comfortable now.  I'm not sure if that was a dumb move on my part or what, but as long as she's happy!  
biggrin.gif

Nor does it match my new Tobin seat, due to the carbon fiber look in the Corbin seat, but whatever... can't be too picky!  I won't be riding around with this seat on the bike w/o her on it, so i'm not worried!

Also pimpin the BigGeorge HID's!

P3100084__Medium_.JPG

Your a good husband to make your bike look like that just for her !
poke.gif
I wonder why they make the passenger seat so tall?

It's taller so your passenger has more leg room

She will like it a whole lot. My girlfriend said my Busa was more comfortable than my Harley after I added the Corbin seats and back rest.

Someone here was putting a vibrator on the pass seat for his wife ! Bet she likes his bike now!!

vibrate.gif

I was actually going to post this up, since we took the bike out yesterday for about an hour. She was SO happy. I think the Corbin rear seat, being thicker, along with the +1" rear is PERFECT for a passenger. She is short, but now she can see over me as we ride. Before she wasn't really able to see where we were going. And the backrest was the icing on the cake, she is all about taking the bike out now.

I actually got on the throttle in 2nd gear with her on it, the front wheel came off the ground
ices_rofl.gif
She wasn't even pissed, I told her "Hey you just did your first wheelie!" LOL. I didn't even get a smack, cool!

smart move
beerchug.gif
it's a lot easier to get the mods you want for your ride when Momma's happy!

I have one just like that for my bike. Wife still doesn't like to ride much, but the kids say it is more comfortable. The peace of mind I have when the kids are on the bake was well worth the cost of the seat.

You got that right... and i'm not kidding when I say this, at one point on the ride yesterday I swear that I totally forgot she was even on the bike. She is now able to sit back, I thought maybe she fell off. Not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing!
tounge.gif

I am just now looking for my first Busa.  
newbie.gif
 I was able to get the wife's approval on the condition I get a comfortable rear seat. I am glad to hear that your wife finds the new seat comfotable.
Just wondering, since my wife would ride with me only once a week or two, is it difficult to change the seat out with the hump? Or is it enough of a pain to leave the seat on all the time?

The swap is a joke, seriously. Its literally 20 seconds of work.

Key in, turn, seat pops up. Remove seat.
Take hump, pop it on, click. Done.

Nice seat, looks comfortable. I bought my wife a seat so we could ride together also.......but the one I bought cost $8500 (Yamaha R6) how did you get off so cheap? LOL
cool.gif

I have the same rear seat for my Busa. The wife didn't like the smooth carbon fiber leather or the cut of the seat. She slid forward everytime I hit the brakes and complained the seat was cutting off the circulation to her legs. She is a very petite woman and tough as nails so when she complains it really means something.
We ended up taking the bike down to Corbin and having my seat and her seat re shaped. The seat guy added more padding at the back of my seat and trimmed down the sides. I don't slip around on the originally large tractor sized seat. He took the rear seat and dished it out a bit more then added anti slip material to the top. She doesn't slip around anymore.

hey guys, just found this thread on a search and a few Q's:

1) Can you buy just the rear seat / backrest? and how much?

2) Can you specify the thickness, etc since my girl is pretty short but she likes sitting on same level as me and not be perched up there in the wind!

I've had Corbin seats on my Yamaha R1 and to be 100% honest, I HATED IT. I rode to Hollister where Corbin is based to have them make the seat for my R1. Rode back and put my stock seat on again. Corbin seats are nearly ROCK HARD. They claim it is better for support but I say Bullshiet since it feels horrible. I want something supportive but also comfortable.

The stock Busa' seats are quite nice but I love how the Tobin seat looks with that rear support piece. I want a matching rear seat but with the Corbin backrest section.

What do you guys suggest?

rick

was wondering if anyone cut down the corbin, its like a 2 1/2 inch rise at the front... hoping a shop can shave that down... anyone have pics of a re worked seat thats lower profile...its god aweful looking

Back