A general update

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Well guys (and gals) it's been a great year, riding season is almost over for most of us. A couple more track days a few nice days left to get out and ride before we have to pack things up for winter.

I wanted to let you all know of a few changes that we have put in place that we will be implementing as the days go by.

1. You will hear more probably tonight about a contest coming up, something to do and should prove to be a lot of fun... A scavenger hunt of sorts... More to come in a little bit in a different thread.

2. Google Ads.... The first few days were ugly... I know that the ads were right in your face and they were pretty bulky but I think that we have cleaned the ads up where they are not as intrusive... We really need you all to keep an eye open on the new banners, if there is something that comes up that looks like you might be interested and want more information then you can click on them. We get paid from Google for clicks on the ads at the top of the page and the ones that are in the threads....

The industry is really struggling right now, ask your local dealership. We have lost around 8 total advertisers here on the site in the past few months... With struggles come innovation, we looked at the site and are always looking for ways to generate revenue without asking members for money... I never want us to look like a TV evangelist always looking for money... I turned the donation link on the top of the page off a week or so ago and I completely removed it tonight. In its place is a new link called "Special Ads". These Advertisements or banners are for services and products that we use all the time, if you will go through this site and click on one of the banners it will send you to the company you want to purchase products from. Hayabusa.org in turn will get a commission on anything you buy. We have added things like Best Buy, Flowers and Office products. Things that you may not use for your bike but you might use in other areas of your life. By simply coming here first then clicking on the banner you could be making money for the site that doesn't ask you for any money... If you have ideas for businesses please let me know and we will see if they are available and get them added to the page.... We are being very creative with advertising and how to get money in the door without putting it in your face and asking for money.... It's really up to you guys to help out if you want the org to stick around....

3. Reviews Section, I have mentioned this one time before and we have seen a little movement but there should be more... Look on the top of the page at the navigation bar and you will see many things that you can do on the site, the reviews section is a place for you to ad products and then be able to add comments and suggestions or reviews. People have asked for something like this for years... Now once again it's up to you folks to enter the data and use it....

As always if you have suggestions or comments you can let me know via PM or email.

Cap.....

Keep your eyes out for the contest rules tonight...

Last edited:
Back