A few things id change about my Busa.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I figured id start a thread about this , perhaps a few new Busa owners might find it useful and be able to save a few bucks.

#1 id never have boughten an aftermarket exhaust and PC3 for it. Dont get me wrong...I love the system and would have kept it because its not that big of a deal. BUT
id skip this upgrade if I could go back and do it again.
The reason why is because after awhile I felt the stock dual pipes are part of the Busa's character and adding the 4 to1 system slimmed it up too much and offset the fatness that the Busa is.
Furthermore after installing the aftermarket exhaust ( A Yosh RS-3 system BTW) I could no longer hear the turbine/tornado like engine/intake noise that I used to love when the bike was stock.
Lastly the loud exhaust gets old...its cool and everything for awhile but frankly I as I rode more the more i was into the ride and less into the bike...so the last thing I needed was announcing to the state patrol up the road that I would be arriving soon,
smile.gif

Then there is the performance gain...it was nice but nothing major, the Busa was fast enough stock.

If I could do it again id just have gotten some slip-ons.

The fender...Id have gotten one that would have made the underside of the tail red.
I just did a chop job , while it was nicer then stock it was never finished looking as it could have been.

Id have added more chrome.
Id have loved a black frame and swingarm but that would not happen of course. Since this is the case id probably been better off adding some chome to the bike to draw attention away from the frame. Chrome wheels and slip-on pipes would have been perfect.
I prefer a blacked out look but in my Busa's case chrome would have worked better.

Anyhow, that is about it..I cannot think of anything else id change.

Good Luck on your Busas!
smile.gif

smile.gif

I always liked the twin cans on the back.  I've got a pair of Yoshi cans, and would like to put on a full system but I've gathered you can only get a 4-2-1.  I like that fat wide look on the back.

Interesting to hear your thoughts about your commander.

<!--EDIT|kod3001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128089198 -->

The PC3 added some smoothness and power but it was not alot..id put that money in my tire fund instead...that is my experience anyways. I am sure others feel differently.

Bent, maybe an Akra system would be a better choice for you? I've heard they're more toned down than the Yosh's.

I agree that that the Busa needs two cans. I also agree that loud exhaust gets old (I discovered that on my last bike) so I went with the Yoshi Zyclone carbon fiber slip-ons (for looks mostly). They add a little low rumble, but not a ton of noise. They don't make power as far as I can tell, but I can't use all the power this beast has as it is!

The only thing I would have done differently is NOT to add the gel seat to the purchase. What a mistake that was! The gel seat was aweful! I'm so glad I have a Corbin now.

FOR THE MOST PART, MY BIKE IS STOCK! MY LAST BIKE HAD SIMILAR MOD'S COMPARED TO BENTVALVE. I HAD A NINJA AND AFTER DOING EVERY MOD KNOWN TO MAN, I DECIDED THAT I WOULD KEEP MY "BUSA" STOCK. I FELL IN LOVE W/ THE BIKE WHEN I FIRST SAW HER. ASIDE FROM THE K&N FILTER, CHROME FAIRING SCREENS, LIQUID CHROME TANK PROTECTOR, LIQUID CHROME GAS CAP COVER, HOT GRIPS, AND HAVING THE OEM CHAIN GUARD PAINTED BLUE TO MATCH THE BIKE, I THEN DECIDED TO KEEP HER BONE STOCK. I HAVE TO ADMIT ALOT OF PRODUCTS OUT THERE ARE VERY MUCH TEMPTING, BUT SOMEHOW I TRY TO REFRAME MYSELF FROM ADDING SOMETHING ELSE.

If I was to go back in time I'd go almost oppisite where you are coming from.
1) I'd still do my HMF Hi mount duals and PC3usb
2) I wouldn't have gone with an undertail and hugger. I would have stuck with my fender chop and integrated the turnsignals into my clear alternatives tail light.

I agree that that the Busa needs two cans.  I also agree that loud exhaust gets old (I discovered that on my last bike) so I went with the Yoshi Zyclone carbon fiber slip-ons (for looks mostly).  They add a little low rumble, but not a ton of noise.  They don't make power as far as I can tell, but I can't use all the power this beast has as it is!

The only thing I would have done differently is NOT to add the gel seat to the purchase.  What a mistake that was!  The gel seat was aweful!  I'm so glad I have a Corbin now.
+1 on the black silver gel vs the corbin. The gel suks.

If I was to go back in time I'd go almost oppisite where you are coming from.
1) I'd still do my HMF Hi mount duals and PC3usb
2) I wouldn't have gone with an undertail and hugger. I would have stuck with my fender chop and integrated the turnsignals into my clear alternatives tail light.
Exactly what I did.NJ.

Carmen_Rear_Side_View.JPG

everyone talks about how much a pig the Busa is.

#1 - remove the 35lbs exhaust system. put on 8lbs aftermarket. pc3R with good map to smooth out the power curve.

#2 - agreed, the undertail sucks. very inexpensive mod to fix.

#3 - chrome looks great on the Busa, just like almost any bike. I'm painting my frame and swingarm and rims...

I hear ya BT. I do like the two pipe look as well. And the blacked out frame and swing arm, and polished lip on the wheels of the '05 LE is what did it for me.
super.gif

I also agree with you about riding at a more "Stealth Decibelâ€￾. The last thing you want to do is attract the wrong kind of attention. And the po-po around here are on a constant vigil against bikes.
cussing.gif

Speaking of sound though, you have gotta love the growl and snarl of the Gixxer 1K. Like nothing else out there.
super.gif

Speaking of mods though, What are your thoughts about a TRE? I hear that they really smooth out the Busa power delivery.

Thanks

super.gif

I disagree with the stock thing but that's just me. I love my BDE and I got it for 2 reasons: HP gains and weight loss. I actually like the single sided exhaust better. It gives it more of a "sport" look as opposed to a "sport-tourer." The maps that Brock made are unreal. Made specifically for hard-riding/racing applications. I'm still gonna get is dyno-tuned and prolly have the tuner use the current BDE map and adjust the cells accordingly.

However....

When I do go Turbo, I'll most likely say that "I should've just saved my money and spent it all on turbo, tuning, engine mods, etc.." But I've been thinking of Big Bore and possibly Spray too so my BDE may just stay right where it is.

Ok, I figured id start a thread about this , perhaps a few new Busa owners might find it useful and be able to save a few bucks.

#1 id never have boughten an aftermarket exhaust and PC3 for it.  Dont get me wrong...I love the system and would have kept it because its not that big of a deal.  BUT
id skip this upgrade if I could go back and do it again.  
The reason why is because after awhile I felt the stock dual pipes are part of the Busa's character and adding the 4 to1 system slimmed it up too much and offset the fatness that the Busa is.  
Furthermore after installing the aftermarket exhaust ( A Yosh RS-3 system BTW) I could no longer hear the turbine/tornado like engine/intake noise that I used to love when the bike was stock.
Lastly the loud exhaust gets old...its cool and everything for awhile but frankly I as I rode more the more i was into the ride and less into the bike...so the last thing I needed was announcing to the state patrol up the road that I would be arriving soon,
smile.gif

Then there is the performance gain...it was nice but nothing major, the Busa was fast enough stock.

If I could do it again id just have gotten some slip-ons.

The fender...Id have gotten one that would have made the underside of the tail red.
I just did a chop job , while it was nicer then stock it was never finished looking as it could have been.

Id have added more chrome.
Id have loved a black frame and swingarm but that would not happen of course.   Since this is the case id probably been better off adding some chome to the bike to draw attention away from the frame.  Chrome wheels and slip-on pipes would have been perfect.  
I prefer a blacked out look but in my Busa's case chrome would have worked better.

Anyhow, that is about it..I cannot think of anything else id change.  

Good Luck on your Busas!
smile.gif
I agree. Dual exhaust look great (they flow with the lines of the bike). Some mods actually steal the character of the bike. I wanted a bike that would not require too many mods to get the performance I wanted; the Busa is it. My opinion is a bike that is mostly stock and very clean and well maintained, actually looks better and is more reliable as it ages than a heavily moded bike.

smile.gif

I spent 4 years modding mine and my only regret was the gel seat too. The Tobin seat is way better. My stock pipes lasted about 4 days on the bike and then the madness started...LOL

Back