A day at the office..

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
A little change up. Post what your day entails.

I wanted a change up so I bid in a Work Train. We are scheduled to work 6 days a week. Sunday is rest day. As a rule we work from 0700 hrs. to 1900 hrs. Days are long but with the right crew it's not all that bad.

I had planned on several more pictures but we did'nt get over two miles of rail laid yesterday.

so..here was my day in a short review.

The office.

r8

View attachment 1232006

View attachment 1232007

Since the rail tends to move around somewhat any traffic requires us to stop. You can see the new rail on the ground. Two pieces are hooked together making 3364 feet laid on both sides.

Today we head for Audley.

And your day?

r8

View attachment 1232016

Not NEARLY as awesome as yours!!
beerchug.gif

Oh I bet your job is peaceful.... I wish mine was half as excting as yours. I babysit teenagers all day... wait no not babysit... I'm a teacher!

Lucky.

I get to sit in my home office, look at the 70 degree weather outside and try to get work done knowing my baby is ready to be rode hard (I'm talking Busa Adam).

beerchug.gif

Yeah right Snap we know what you are really talking about J/K
laugh.gif
Man you get more ride time than anyone I know Pimp I need to come to work for you
winkold.gif

I am an Engineer now, but used to build power lines, certified Journeyman Lineman, wish I could find some better pictures. Here are a couple from a TV spot they filmed us changing out a B-switch. I am on the right.

TV_Commercial_32.jpg

Too fun. I wish I had pictures I could share from when we did testing on the HMMWV's....specifically, low level drops out of the back of airplanes...
cool.gif

heck, y'all got the cool stuff, I'm just an indoor gas & chemical delivery guy. pretty boring... but at least I get to come here during my breaks!
beerchug.gif

Well John, my day yesterday was kinda like yours. Well, the office is the same. Sorry no pix. On duty at 1500hrs. Sat in the yard office till about 1630. Boarded locomotive and doubled our train together. Then we waited for 8000 ft. of train to air up. Takes awhile at 28 degrees. Then we had to wait for MOW to get out of the way. Departed at 1800hrs. Ran non-stop till we got to Tylersville Rd, which is about 6 miles east of the NS yard(final destination) Tied train down and got in van for 2 hour dead head.

It has been raining heavy all day here. Wonderful! I love it when it rains in the desert.

111_1133.jpg

And the cacti..

111_1135.jpg

Hey, I can go!

111_1136.jpg

Conductor said I was breaking his concentration. Yeah, it's a rule book.
winkold.gif
Actually it was a PS-2 or something.

111_1140.jpg

r8

Back