A critical error has occured with the boost MAP sensor

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Thats the error code currently reading on my AMS 1000.

I have to admit I do not know much about turbo's,this is my 6th Busa but 1st turbo'd.
The AMS 1000 goes on to read out possible causes,bad ground,bad sensor,bad wiring and/or a combination of issues.
Turn power on/off. Did that of course.No joy.
I dont even know where the boost map sensor is.
Any ideas/ help will be greatly appreciated and rewarded.

Thanks,Rubb.

Mathew u got mail.Thanks.

Rubb.
My bike is not fancy. If it’s just the 3 bar map sensor mine is tucked up under the throttle bodies. 3 wires and a vacuum line

9FD69ECB-9B04-4B99-B8FB-91498DECD658.jpeg

Last edited:
Rub who built your bike good sir? That's who I would reach out to, but Boosted or Frank at power house rock too.

Thanks Viper. Its a 2010 Gen II of course,built by Richard at RCC Turbo's. In 2010 the previous owner bought it new and sent it straight from showroom to Richard in Ontario. Bike only has 3000 miles on it. Looks like a mission to find this sensor....I'm afraid...:eek: and overwhelmed...:crazy:

Rubb.

That's not what is giving the AMS the fault. That sensor is connected to your ecu. The sensor for the AMS may be screwed directly on your wastegate or plumbed to it. The sensor in the picture with the wires is the one you need to replace most likely.
Screenshot_20200302-173116_Samsung Internet.jpg

Well Dustin, you are da man. :bowdown:
My AMS is in the hump,that sensor should be under my seat or tank? Would that be right? If the ground or wiring is bad,no sweat,if the sensor is shot,where should I buy one? Thanks big time brother.

Rubb.

I would start at the wastegate. If the sensor isn't mounted on it, trace the vacuum lines until you find it. Possibly on your inlet plenum. Just trying to help brother.

Thanks Bro. Is it safe to ride until repairs are made?

Thanks Rubb.

Just read up a little about it. Looks like it may still function accordingly with the fault. Check all of your wire connections and look for a loose ground, that may be your issue.

Stay out of boost as much as possible, should be safe still.

The boost map sensor is generally a round stainless steel 7 bar sensor. If it’s not mounted directly on the wastegate, it should be very close.

usually when this error happens, it’s because the map sensor failed. It is also a possibility that the primary channel on the ams1k failed as well. There’s some earlier models that this was common to happen. If that’s the case, you can switch everything over to the aux channel.

Back