A cowboys logic

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
This was ACTUALLY proposed to the Montana Wool and Sheep Grower's Association by the Sierra Club and the United States Forest Service.

It's hard to argue with this cowboy's logic.

A few years ago, the Sierra Club and the US Forest Service were presenting an alternative to Montana ranchers for controlling the coyote population.

It seems that after years of the ranchers using the tried and true methods of shooting and/or trapping the predator, the tree-huggers had a "more humane" solution.

What the Sierra Club proposed was for the animals to be captured alive, the males castrated and let loose again, and the population would be controlled. All of the ranchers mulled over this 'amazing' idea for a couple of minutes.

Finally, an old boy in the back stood up, tipped his hat back, and said,

"Son, I don't think you understand the problem.  Those coyotes ain't f*ckin' our sheep - they're eatin' 'em."

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "language... :)"|1156430803 -->

biggrin.gif

My grandfather, a Missouri hillbilly and the most compassionate, generous man I've ever met, had wisdom like that.

Wanna hear his financial budgeting system? "Bring in more than you send out."

How can you beat that?!

--Wag--

smile.gif
Good Stuff Devious, Wag those are some words to live by.

My Dad and I don't really talk anymore, once a year or so maybe. Anyway last time we talked he asked me if I was in the Black? I asked him to repeat his question (cause the obvious made no sense) he asked me if the wife and I were bringing in more than we're spending...

I laughed at first, then told him "of course, have been since college." Then after I got off the phone and thought about it for awhile it occured to me that given the spending habits many of us have it's not such an odd question. I think it was racking up SOOOoOOooo much debt while in college that pretty much turned the wife and around on the borrowing and spending more than we have or living outside our means. Last time I checked I'm not driving a Ferrarri.

Anyway "Bring in More than you send out." Is Beautiful.

One of the BEST pieces of "sage" advice I've gotten was from an old crusty Army First Shirt while deployed someplace south of here in 99. "Keep your fuggin head down". Never forgot that.

OH and from an old retired AF Chief. "Do your Fuggin Job". That was his only requirement, and all he asked of the active duty troops working for him. JUST THAT ONE THING. "Everything else will work itself out."

laugh.gif
Uh, well yeah but I haven't worked out how to ride both at the same time...

Back