A 12000 mile Pan American Highway Trip ???

TWT racer

Registered
A Gentleman from Michigan sends me an email a few weeks ago, and he wants to come up to my Shop to see the Trailers. We set a time and he rides up, he’s got a fairly new white Goldwing as he rides in, and we get a chatting right away as he's super friendly and great to talk to. Suddenly he says lets get to business and he orders his Trailer and rides on back.

A few days after he send me this email “I read your trip through Mexico - sounds great. Obviously you speak Spanish?? What about getting two or three more and riding the Pan American Highway? A trip of a lifetime.â€￾
I wasn’t sure what to reply as I didn’t think he was all serious, and left if for a bit.
A few days go by and his next email contains â€￾ Need to allow a few months a to have a good time. Do you think we could raise a group?? I've done Alaska by myself and absolutely no problem nor any fear. I do not speak any spanish so I really need someone who can do that. I've got bucks for the motel etc.â€￾
Then on Sunday he write this “While I know you are working diligently on my trailer, I hope you are considering and thinking about a Pan AM trip?? ?? I am sure that you are waiting until I pick up the trailer to continue the dialogue??â€￾

Um... I'm like :banghead: what??
I'd love to do a long trip but holy guacamoly this is LONG!!!!
I did a little googling on it and wow, 2 Continents and 30 Countries, it's well over 12000 miles plus the getting to the start and back from the end

A lottery and X amount of months and I'm ready to go hehe

PanAmericanHwy.jpg

that would be a great trip but i think it would take more than just a few bucks for a motel now and then...that's a once in a lifetime kind of ride and would take years to plan and get the logistics figured out...it would totally be worth it as long as you don't end up disappearing in one of the jungles of South America :beerchug:

I am more adventuresome than most...but these days...it could be death on a stick mate in some of the countries you have to transverse. Mexico is no joke these days. They have death squads dressed in military uniforms with teenagers and submachine guns. They would just love to take your gringo white arse and pretty little machines and make the "capo" a nice gesture. I don't know if you know of the website ADVrider...it is a great website for adventure riders. If you think you are safer in a group of riders...think again. These hombres in Juarez and Tijuana are capturing 30-40 guys at a time and killing them and burying them. I wish our world hadn't turned into a huge toilet...but it has. There is zero chance that I would try this trip. If you think it gets any better...it is no joke in central america either..with Ecuador and Panama paramilitary squads. Also don't forget about all of the narco squads, decapitations, and such....cheery stuff...

I am more adventuresome than most...but these days...it could be death on a stick mate in some of the countries you have to transverse. Mexico is no joke these days. They have death squads dressed in military uniforms with teenagers and submachine guns. They would just love to take your gringo white arse and pretty little machines and make the "capo" a nice gesture. I don't know if you know of the website ADVrider...it is a great website for adventure riders. If you think you are safer in a group of riders...think again. These hombres in Juarez and Tijuana are capturing 30-40 guys at a time and killing them and burying them. I wish our world hadn't turned into a huge toilet...but it has. There is zero chance that I would try this trip. If you think it gets any better...it is no joke in central america either..with Ecuador and Panama paramilitary squads. Also don't forget about all of the narco squads, decapitations, and such....cheery stuff...

Dude you are SO right!!!
My Bro and I have talked about another trip similar to the Mexico trip in 07, and as much I hate to say it or admit, but as things are I think about it 2-3 times. Still my answer ends up being not at this.
I was born and raised in Mexico, I have a lot of cousins there still, and when ever I chat with them, they pretty much confirm any fear I may. It's not like it use to be indeed, and..... I wonder if it ever will :(

:thumbsup: Plus don't forget the Murders and Decapitation of 126 farm workers in Guatemala, plus the Drug Cartels that have stopped Busses and murdered ALL the passengers in Nicaragia, then you face the FNL in Southern Panama along with the Shinning Star in Ecuador and Peru.

Go for it if you want, just get ALOT of Life Insurance for your familys needs and MAKE sure it covers these areas :rulez:

that would be really cool , you could do it in 12 days ! just Iorn butt it the whole time !:thumbsup:

Back