900 miles in 2 days

ozz

Donating Member
Registered
rode the new 1000 to oregon and stoped off at Lassen volcano....they had just opened the road thru the park (it was still covered in snow) so i had to ride thru it....its about 33 miles from one end to the other with just amazing scenery.

I used to live 60 miles from Lassen and hadent been back since 1972. I stoped at one of the last stores before you head up to an elevation of 8200 ft. This is the store i used to ride my bicycle to as a boy....here are just a couple pics

lassen_9_6_06_01__2_.jpg

this is at the entrance to the volcano and damn those gixxer seats are thin!!
tounge.gif

lassen_9_6_06_06__2_.jpg

the roads thru the park were just unreal....alot fun was had thru these parts
mad.gif
race.gif

lassen_9_6_06_09__2_.jpg

there is still snow up here and that lake looked mighty cold...it reminded me of something out of the great north, the water was pure blue with tiny icebergs in it....

lassen_9_6_06_12__2_.jpg

again

<!--EDIT|ozz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155249403 -->

lassen_9_6_06_14__2_.jpg

Looks like you had a great trip and NICE pictures
tounge.gif
And you mentioned SNOW, it's 107 F here today  
firedevil.gif
and it feels like a blast furnance
AAAssjani.gif
 outside ! And "OH" yea, if you think a GIXXERs seat it bad, don't even think about it on a Duc 998 series
laugh.gif
 Gosh, you got me planning a trip now as soon as the Furnance is turned off here
blush.gif

and last one.....it was a great ride but must get new seat for butt or just take the busa next time.
biggrin.gif

lassen_9_6_06_13__2_.jpg

Looks like you had a great trip and NICE pictures
tounge.gif
And you mentioned SNOW, it's 107 F here today  
firedevil.gif
and it feels like a blast furnance
AAAssjani.gif
 outside ! And "OH" yea, if you think a GIXXERs seat it bad, don't even think about it on a Duc 998 series
laugh.gif
 Gosh, you got me planning a trip now as soon as the Furnance is turned off here
blush.gif
OUCH!!! thats a hot mofo...thats to hot to ride even...ya its weird theres still snow in late summer but at 8200 ft at the base and 10,000 plus at the top things happen slowly up here....man, i sure hope ya get some cooler temps soon...
wink.gif

what a sweet trip
smile.gif
so much better than sitting here in the air conditioning or even worse- having to go outside...thanks for sharing and making all of us pull out our maps and start planning
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Ozz,

Awesome pictures !! Heck I'm here in Sunny South Florida, about 15 miles north of Key Largo, Florida. I can't imagine snow in August...... It's in the 90's here everyday, and the coldest it gets in the evenings is like 80 degrees. Well, here is our view on the weekends, I guess it's not all bad either..

Matt

chopper1.jpg

Back