90% of the steps to remove the nose of your bike

SS4Luck

Registered
Disclaimer. I’m a “man that dudes got some cool stuff but how is he alive” type of wrench turner. Follow these instructions at your own risk. I have also removed everything from my bike that isn’t basically completely necessary, so some steps don’t have much because I don’t have the part to take a picture of. What I can say is everything you need to unbolt/I clip/remove is in plain sight if you just go slow and use your brain.

A lot of people ask me how to get to the nose trim piece because my bike seemingly unassembles itself weekly lol. I finally took some photos tonight to try to help.

Step 1, remove your side fairings. Mine are already off, there are YouTube videos showing you how to do this. You’ll end up looking something like this
1CBDCA1E-189D-4E1E-A404-5799EE7CB8BF.jpeg

Step 2: remove the shroud around the instrument cluster. It’s held in with to pins up by the windscreen. From there it has a few press in fittings and with some gentle tugging it comes right out.

CE1C2414-39B2-4FEC-A06E-10A5AB53E4B6.jpeg

Step 3: remove the cluster. There are two 10mm(?) bolts at the bottom corners of the cluster. Once those are removed there are two plastic pins that push into rubber bushings that hold the top in. A little wiggling and it’ll come right out. There is a large wiring harness that plugs into the back of the cluster. Don’t pull hard but you can pull the left side of the cluster over the bars to make it easier to undo the cluster and pull it out.
919CC5C0-BD6E-487F-9B18-D19C40C027F4.jpeg

FD9C2FEA-87E8-4675-AD06-3BB9E52BA9D7.jpeg

B7BCCC93-52F6-4FF4-8EAD-B5FF8DD0BB59.jpeg

Step 4: remove the windscreen bolts and mirrors
47588275-0F69-4871-967F-D18DE0FA3851.jpeg

5307B108-879D-4EC0-ABC4-E000EACE026A.jpeg

Step 5: the stock headlight bolts into this head bracket here. I don’t remember if it bolts on the sides too so let’s say there are 2-4 bolts to remove that hold the headlight in place. These *should* be the last things firmly holding the nose in place so at least hold it with your legs to keep it from falling and pulling wires with it.
649B17C4-B4A0-411D-BCF6-D00A1D012DE9.jpeg

Step 6: unplug the harnesses. There are 4 connections. One in whatever sensor is in the bottom cover piece. One at each turn signal and the main headlight connector
9DA8DD26-49F8-442E-911B-CF98836A9B25.jpeg

From there if you’re trying to get to the nose trim piece you’ll need to unbolt the fairing panels and slide/push things around. Everything is in plain sight and comes off easy. I had the nose apart 3-4 times when it was still stock and never broke anything. And if I can do that, anyone can.

On reassembly make sure you get the ram air tubes lined up before pushing anything back into place, if they aren’t seated all the way down you’ll be pulling parts off and starting over.

One thing I forgot to add

When you get the nose back on, and the cluster in but not bolted down, and none of the trim on you need to cycle the power and make sure your side markers and headlights work.

If you think taking everything apart sucks the first time. It’s even less enjoyable when you’re doing it because of a f*&>{*g blinker you forgot to plug in.

Ask me how I know. Twice.

Back