9/11/2001

My prayers go out to all the families of victims, both from this board and elswhere...
We'll never forget ...
lmini001.gif

lmini001.gif

Even with all this crap in NO, I'm STILL proud to be an American..

God bless those families that were left behind 4 years ago today.

What were you doing when the first plane hit?
I was watching television, on Kadena Air Base on Okinawa. Geo and I had just finished a movie, and I turned on the news. It was around 2200 (local there) that I saw the first plane hit, then while watching the news the second plane hit. Less than 5 minutes later, I was called into work. The concern was that in the confusion, N.Korea would start acting silly, so I was called to brief the 1st MAW CG on how we would be getting our 12 airplanes to Korea.

We had already been locked down for two weeks because of Typhoon Nari. The increased security made things difficult. Curfews, security checkpoints, vehical searches, etc. It was an interesting time to be an American overseas.

I was in Singapore when the first plane hit. I remember I was just going to watch wrestling. It was WWF Summerslam.

I'm watching the story of Flight 93 on Discovery now.

This #### is just pissing me off. I hope the people responsible are burning in hell now.

I was at home laying on the couch after working night shift and couldn't sleep. Flipping through the channels and I came across it.
Watched for hours.

I was sleeping, stationed in Hawaii at the time, and a neighbor happen to catch it on the News and ran over to wake me up. Thats when the phones begun to ring off the hook (being from NY and all, plus the military)

Back