400 HP Hybrid at about $35,000

if they could bring that to market for $35G I bet it would sell like hotcakes...

By the time they run it through the mill and the bean counters get through with it. It'll look like any other Hybrid.

By the time they run it through the mill and the bean counters get through with it. It'll look like any other Hybrid.
Not necessarily true.

The word "Hybrid" people associate with fuel economy vehicles
but in fact there are 2 kinds of hybrids, the Economy version
and the Performance version.

Honda tried the Performance version with their Hybrid Accord....it failed miserably.
It got the same exact mileage as the non-hybrid Accord but was alot faster.
No one cared....it didn't sell.

Personally if they don't list the MPG #'s of this vehicle, I don't think
that it will be a big attraction or seller myself.

Lookds damn good though!
beerchug.gif

I can't imagine it would be that much of an improvment. Instead of hauling around 1 heavy high perfomance engines, you now have 2.

I think the hybrid design in general is flawed because of that reason. Sure, a car like a prius gets great mileage, but when you really look at it, it is a small car with 2 small engines. My brothers 1980's golf diesel got close to 60MPG.

If you want an economy car, I think there are cheaper and simplier ways to do it. If you are reading this and don't agree with me, please realize that I know very little about the subject, and I am largely talking out of my ass.

Never the less, I think hybrids are over-rated.

Never the less, I think hybrids are over-rated.
+1  But I do think that if they are over rated, they could at least improve on the looks rather than create something as hideous as the Prius  
laugh.gif
+1

if they made a hybrid easier one the eye's they would sell like hot cakes. but who know if you have 400hp if you would keep you foot off the floor long enough to save fuel.

Prius get terrible gas mileage in the winter, mountain roads or extreme hot climate. It looks hideous and weight a lot.
It`s also pricey. I`d buy a Yaris and cost of ownership for 100.000 miles will be cheaper. Toyota will sell plug in version of Prius in 2011..
I`d buy that.

This one looks bad azz tho.... Sport car must be light, 2 engines, batteries and gas in one package.... Not for me.

This one looks bad azz tho.... Sport car must be light, 2 engines, batteries and gas in one package.... Not for me.
It is for me. You can't match the instant torque and off the line power of a battery. The 2 mode hybrid tahoe is faster, and gets better fuel economy than the standard, gas only tahoe. Same thing with the saturn vue. more fuel economy and a full second faster 0-60 than the gas only version. As long as I don't have to be the one workin on it when it braks, I'd own one. (hybrid. not the vue. some other hybrid though.) I can't stand the thought of buying an import, but that "supra replacement" looks hot!

Back