4.908 gallons...whew!

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Three times when my reserve light came on I was able to pull right into a station and fill up. Always took four gallons. This time I'd varied my speed from freeway speeds for 100+ miles to goat trailing west over Nacimiento-Ferguson Rd down to hiway 1 and then running the corners north on 1 and finally back to 101 for the (usual) speed run home. I had been averaging high 30s all day so I gave it a shot. Pulled into my favorite station near my home and took on just under the five gallon limit the Busa holds. Odo read 186 miles. On my trip to Colorado a couple years back I had to run 55 mph for 40 miles on US 50 just to make it to the next gas stop and then I think I had 2 tenths left. My planned gas stop had burnt down the weekend before and I had been running all day at around a buck forty. Then all of a sudden, next gas, 40 miles. Felt like a damn tourist idling along at 55 or so for FORTY miles...had I run out of gas though, this was my view.
IMG007Small.jpg

Wow. No atheists in a fox hole or a highway with next fuel 40 miles away. That must have been some stressful riding.

Yeah me either. There was even a picture of the burnt down pump island in some motorcycle mag I saw where another rider went by the same place.

Back