331mph. Fastest car in the world.

They seem to not worry about limiting cars....only bikes...

Only the Japanese bikes are limited. American bikes are too slow to compete and the German/Italians dont follow the limiting of speed.

But really I think the limiting was just because of the access to speed. Anyone with $6k (and I'm sure even less) could go buy a motorcycle capable of speeds in excess of 160mph.

Only the Japanese bikes are limited. American bikes are too slow to compete and the German/Italians dont follow the limiting of speed.

But really I think the limiting was just because of the access to speed. Anyone with $6k (and I'm sure even less) could go buy a motorcycle capable of speeds in excess of 160mph.

Makes sense as at the time of the limiting, only Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki were in the running of having a production bike capable of exceeding 300kms/hr.

With production of 50 only units, that SSC is barely a production car.

Not many roads here in North America able to hold that type of speed...here in Canada, I'd say there are VERY few....

I could just imagine a car like that around here in the 'pot hole' capital.

On top speed runs I think they easy the car up to speed and once they get up there they put it pedal to the metal.

Yup, post interviews he also said that taking it easy in the beginning helped keep the turbos cooler. Fastest 0-200 time is just over 14 seconds (Hennessey venom). Add his 200-330 (est 30 seconds) and just imagine how hot or failure prone a turbo might be at full tilt for over 40 seconds.

Back