3317 miles in the last 10 days

It was our annual epic road trip and we had a blast! Only had 1 disturbing close call when an idiot allmost took me out yesterday on Nevada / Calif hwy 395 he was passing coming at me at about 90 and I was rolling at about 70 and he squeezed back in his lane maybe less than 50 yrds from contact.
crazy.gif

Enjoy - K

Epic2006_160b.jpg

So, how did the Road King do, did ya like it, with Pros and Cons  
argue.gif
please ! It'll give me something to talk about with my Harley Buddies at the Restaurant  
tounge.gif

WooHoo --Kento--glad ya survived the 395 incident..
Nice pic's-Thanks dude--- Iv'e put a few miles on the Busa in 06--Four years --Still a major rocking ride---
Did a GPS 178 Yesterday.....Heres a few pic's too..

IMGP3722.jpg

Hmmmm---Sent a second postcard to the owner-- I wanna buy this engine-- and run it in the backyard----
HeHe---I am a Hopeless Motorhead
AAAssjani.gif

IMGP3729.JPG

Awwwwww Yes, looks like a Beech 18, what wonderful memories
tounge.gif
. Of course you always remember the Good Stuff
laugh.gif

(DaCol. @ Sep. 27 2006,00:34) So, how did the Road King do, did ya like it, with Pros and Cons  
argue.gif
please ! It'll give me something to talk about with my Harley Buddies at the Restaurant  
tounge.gif
HD Road King review : In one phrase " sorry but it's just not my bag baby ... "

Everytime I saw a sportbike go by, I was turning my head to see. I came across a guy at a rest stop in Utah on a ZX14 with luggage. He had recently purcgased and rode from Mass. out to L.A. and was heading back, he had 6K miles on it in just a few months. Kool!

The road king is as different from my busa as is my chevy truck. It's comfy, easy to ride once it's up off the stand. It would purr at 80+ on the highway for hours on end. Started up boom every morning first turn and I really like the sound of the screaming eagle pipes. The hard bags give you an amazing amount of space for your traveling stuff. Handled well and I scaped the foot rest plenty of times. Brakes were horrible but it is a 700+ lb bike. I dont how women ride the big twins it was a hand full trying to get it off the stand and worse yet I allmost dropped it about 5 times because of gravel or wet surface when I put my foot down. I dont much like the "Harley Way" or attitude. Not that it was bad just not my thing. Beards, tats, skulls, leathers with no armor, nazi helmets... but I allways wanted to ride a Harley, kinda cowboy style thru the south west and that I have done and thoroughly enjoyed. Next year the busa for sure... or maybe a BMW or a Goldwing or ...
tounge.gif

God I love the road! Cheers all!
beerchug.gif

Epic2006_219b.jpg

tounge.gif

I rode my HD Electraglide from Indianapolis, IN to Bullhead City, AZ and back at the first of July. Took my GF at the time and she said that riding on the back of the Busa was more comfortable for her. Now I do have Corbin seats on the Busa. The Harley is no fun in twisties cause I scrape the footboards all of the time. But, those kind of roadtrips are a blast anyway. We did the south rim of the Grand Canyon on the way back. You put up some great pics!! Looks like it was a fantastic time!

let me know what ya want for the H-D and I think I might have a buyer for ya.

Josh

P.s. I`ll come and get it too.

Now that truly looks like a great trip! You got some great photo shots. Thanks for sharing.

(Shibumi @ Sep. 27 2006,20:03)
(Kento-Moto @ Sep. 26 2006,12:03) Utah alpine loop
Dude, WTF is on the back of the rear bike, a walk-in closet?!?

SHOCKED.gif
laugh.gif
That was the rental bike and the guy on the dark blue RK custom kept putting all his crap in that luggage so it was a constant joke and complaining ...

Back